Hw97 Question

After borrowing a hw97kt for an afternoon on the range I was very impressed by it for accuracy and build quality. I am now looking to get one myself, but don't really want to pay out the price of the wooden stock version. The synthetic version is much cheaper but is the balance as good with it having the hollow stock. I am a bit concerned about it being a bit barrel heavy. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

After borrowing a hw97kt for an afternoon on the range I was very impressed by it for accuracy and build quality. I am now looking to get one myself, but don't really want to pay out the price of the wooden stock version. The synthetic version is much cheaper but is the balance as good with it having the hollow stock. I am a bit concerned about it

being a bit barrel heavy. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

I have the wooden KT and it feels like it absorbs the recoil better than the synthetic stock on a .177. I have heard a few people say that they have used stock weights on the black models to balance it out..

Thanks for the replies. I had considered a sporter but being left handed I think it was extra money for the LH version which more or less takes the price up to the beech thumbhole version. Out of interest is the RH sporter no good for a leftie or doesn't it make too much difference?

i use a right handed sporter just fine and I shoot left handed!

I think you might be confused with the air arms tx200??.....

they do a left and right handed version.. and they are not very user friendly if you use them the wrong way round..

the cheekpiece comes over creating a sharp edge..

unlike the hw97 sporter stock that is safe to use either way. I didn't know they did the option of a left handed sporter at an extra cost, I thought that was air arms only.?

but yeah I use a right handed sporter 97 just fine shooting left handed :thumbs:

Thanks again Skot. I might try to get hold of a 97k to try before I make up my mind to see if I like it as much as the kt.

Ian thanks for the offer. What calibre is it as I am after a 177? As above I think I need to have a try with the sporter before I decide.