Pete's Airgun Farm Essex...? Anyone Done Any Days Or Lamping.

Hi all I was just looking for some advice before I go down and sign up. What's the land like for rabbit and wood pigeon. Been struggling to find a permission locally as most of the land near me either has somebody on it or its all grazing land owned by the travellers and if im going to have to drive further afield I might aswell consider Pete's. Let me know if you gone on the vermin land and also if they've become lamp shy because of over lamping.

• Like 1

TBH its as descibed by Stubby , its great for target shooting, but imo

pretty well shot out of prey,

Ben you need to try , stables, garden centres, large houses with big gardens with maybe a pigeon, grey squirrel

problem, i put a simple ad in my church parish magazine and got lots of permissions from that simple ad.

keep trying do not give up. good luck

atb brian

Cheers Syubby, Bunnyman. Good advice, didn't think of changing the land i approach was just trying different approaches. Lots of stables round here and plenty of garden centres......I'll try there first. I spoke to Pete the other day and he seemed like a really nice guy and very welcoming, i might still consider it as he allows youngsters and my son wants to tag along and get into it..... and with no annual membership it might still be worth it.

Cheers

Cheers Syubby, Bunnyman. Good advice, didn't think of changing the land i approach was just trying different approaches. Lots of stables round here and plenty of garden centres......I'll try there first. I spoke to Pete the other day and he seemed like a really nice guy and very welcoming, i might still consider it as he allows youngsters and my son wants to tag along and get into it..... and with no annual membership it might still be worth it.

Cheers

dont forget golf courses and stable yards there always having horses hurt there selfs down warren holes and are really good lamping sites as you have the run of the land, also google maps i found alot of hidden away stables and land tucked away atb craig

Already getting good feedback from a few calls i put in today. I'll hopefully be meeting some grounds keepers next week. No rabbit hunting likely, but problems with crows, magpies etc which is a start. Hopefully it'll lead onto better hunting ground from there. They seemed to want to know where i am currently shooting and not having anything to really say seemed to kill the odd conversation, so if i start with one course just on Corvids etc it might help me onto more rabbit infested land.

Thanks for the tips guys.