1St Time Clay Shooting

Always bring the gun up to your face never bring your face / cheek to the stock you'll find out why if you get this wrong lol don't try and rifle the clay keep your gun swinging easier said than done. Feet placement is a good tip have a good stance and try and have your lead foot facing where you want to be killing the clay. If you miss 9 times out of 10. You'll be behind the clay just increase your lead on the clay slightly you'll soon find that smooth mount and movement will help you. Watch others see where they are picking the clay up in the peripheral vision mounting the gun and try and break the clay while in flight and not on the drop as it's harder hit theydrop like a stone when out of steam. Most of though just go enjoy ya self and don't take it to serious the more you relax the better you'll shoot.

• Like 1

Try not to stress yourself out to much if your missing, only makes it worse..... I'm better shooting when the clay comes over my head, shooting them on instinct rather than watching it come over, don't point and shoot, keep the gun moving through an arc even after firing, give it some lead ...... And enjoy yourself! Works for me ;-)

Always bring the gun up to your face never bring your face / cheek to the stock you'll find out why if you get this wrong lol don't try and rifle the clay keep your gun swinging easier said than done. Feet placement is a good tip have a good stance and try and have your lead foot facing where you want to be killing the clay. If you miss 9 times out of 10. You'll be behind the clay just increase your lead on the clay slightly you'll soon find that smooth mount and movement will help you. Watch others see where they are picking the clay up in the peripheral vision mounting the gun and try and break the clay while in flight and not on the drop as it's harder hit theydrop like a stone when out of steam. Most of though just go enjoy ya self and don't take it to serious the more you relax the better you'll shoot.

Beat me too it ;-)

im going to have ago at a gamefair this year kev always wanted to try but dont like the fact ill miss more than i hit infront of people :laugh:

Its easy mate, always try to remember with shotgun its moving target most times .so you always shoot in front of your target ,keeping the gun moving and you should hit most stuff.Most people stop on the target and shoot behind , only shoot at target if its stationary not moving then blast it out lol

Well lads I had a grate time clay shooting today met some nice lads had a good crack with them my score was shite 9 but at least I hit a few to say its the 1st time I have ever used a 12 guage kept trying to shoot it like my airgun but got some tips a started to hit them I will defo go and do this again when my arm stops being sore lol

Well lads I had a grate time clay shooting today met some nice lads had a good crack with them my score was shite 9 but at least I hit a few to say its the 1st time I have ever used a 12 guage kept trying to shoot it like my airgun but got some tips a started to hit them I will defo go and do this again when my arm stops being sore lol

9 out of ? :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...