Long Before The Ban, Mobile Phones, Internet, Saluki Crosses, Matches, And Comps, Clubs,

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these hare dogs were running the lincolnshire fens, some old pics from around 1977 1978, that i just dug out, seems a long time ago now, but i hadn't heard of matches, competitions, or £££££££money£££

This pic from the 70s cocker my grandad with two bitches he had. He passed away now but loved the game, they used to run them hard. He had a good deerhound greyhound lurcher,one day they went out his

My first Lurcher was bred from Cotton King, to a good hill collie bitch, 1958, I was 14 years old, cotton king won the waterloo cup, he was trained by Harvey Wright, who was a neighbour of my Granni

Posted Images

Definetely less hassle pre-fecking ignorant ban,but there was enough hassle about then to keep lads in fines and strife,you just never risked the loss of vehicle,licence and mutt,a fine was a minor inconvenience,after a few of them the risk of imprisonment was miniscule,at a £5 spot a week it took me over 3 years to pay off my early poaching fines,what a detterent,now with the chance of losing dog,licence or vehicle,i ve nothing but admiration for the more testing of lads/lasses in the game now.

• Like 3

Ncb wellies, stood freezing in them two pairs of socks and bread bags on your feet. Walking across plough at Draxs, watching everything from a whippet to a deerhound gallop

Ncb wellies, stood freezing in them two pairs of socks and bread bags on your feet. Walking across plough at Draxs, watching everything from a whippet to a deerhound gallop

to true heaviest and coldest things i ever had on my feet. but they were free, but they didnt half hold the mud when you were trying to get away from somewhere, lol

• Like 1

Exchange and mart,now some lads are showing their age,every ferret came via a train from Norfolk,i saved months for one,it arrived at the local station and the station master knocked on my parents door informing us of its arrival,i rushed up put it in the required hessian sack,the required mode of transport for ferrets then,straight into the fields and down the first hole I encountered,hours later I gave up on its emergence from its lair,pater returned and weaved his magic and retrieved my prized mustelid,I probably spent more hours waiting for that useless weasel than accounting for the required protein we needed then,fecking Norfolk ferret traders and youthfull ignorance.

• Like 2

I used to nock of school way my cur iam shure my dad new what I was up to the folding 410 sticking out the schoolbag I remember stealing his Vauxhall viva and Humber think he had a beer mat for a tax disc more like penny blacks you were rich if you had anything else and most of all everything was for the pot unlike today the old yin has his first shotgun licence on the wall a tanner from the local post office I remember going around the country lanes those camma Cassa doors came in handy I was better trained than a gun dog lol

i get the feeling if we knocked about together we would end up in bother lol :yes: