Sign in to follow this  
Ukroosterman

A Few Legends..!

Not into the chickens, never had the opportunity but thats a good look into the legends of the game. Love the nostalgia.... :thumbs:

I always like looking at the older and RIP fellas in 'the Fancy'. The Birds are closer to the original imports and the guys didn't have the advances in technology/modern Feeds etc there is now. Obviously meaning, it told them more about their stock, which, in a lot of cases can't be said of late. There wasn't the passage of information and communication we also have now.

O.T.T if that was a dig at dickwing and burnie... Well only scum take another mans birds.... It's nearly as bad as takeing another mans wife.... IMO Ukroosterman

• Like 1

I dip my Toes into this particular section, now and then, quite rarely really. I just start to contribute to an interesting Topic and then dirt flies and I leave that Topic.........surprised, because there are plenty of enemies outside the Fancy to cope with. Technology.......what a wonderful thing....lmao!

• Like 2

Mr ruble, was a very quite secretive person that did not say a lot to anyone, especially about the breeding of his fowl, if you asked him he told you and that was it, if you asked him to many questions about the breeding of his fowl he would put you of his place, and that was the end of it no second chances with this fellow

• Like 1

Is there any books you would recommend for a newcomer to gamebirds, there seems to be so many different breeds.cheers

Good read. I'll just set the record straight hopefully without it turning into a slanging match and the topic getting locked. I ask the question about ott reds being clarets blood because I once had a line of clarets that resembled ott reds. Not in any way was I instigating these was my birds I wasn't and they aren't. I had these birds taken along with 2 other familys all the broodfowl and youngsters in one night. Ott you've some nice fowl and I won't take that away from you . Ukroosterman your putting some good articles up. So all i'll say on the matter I'm against the scumbag fowl thieves as much as the next man.

• Like 5

Yes mate there is quite a few good books you can get just a few of the top of my head would be the history of game strains the best of fulldrop especially for beginners there is that many I would be here all day hope it helps you mate cheers O,T,T

• Like 1