Hemel Hempstead Area Partner

Hello all,

I'm looking for a shooting partner in the Hemel Hempstead area. You'll see from my posts, or lack of, that i'm fairly new here so bit of an unknown quantity, which I appreciate isn't ideal to prospective partners but I hope to post more once I step up my shooting.

I have a few permissions: some wheat fields and a golf course. I currently shoot .17hmr, .22lr and shotgun. I got into shooting late and on my own from scratch so have been learning on the job as it were. Of late I've lapsed somewhat on the frequency of my outings, a combination of the winter weather and other commitments.

What I don't really want is someone as or less experienced than myself with no shooting permissions themselves: i'm looking to learn from someone keen who is happy so share their skills and land. In return there is the opportunity to shoot fox and rabbit on an 18 hole golf course. I do not take on fox with my calibers so will be learning fox stalking from you. I've seen their green eyes taunting me at night and I know from the groundsman that they cause damage to the greens. Rabbit are also present but elusive.

This isn't a golden ticket to unlimited quarry I can assure you as I've struggled at times to bring in anything: perhaps more a sign of my skill at arms?

I work shifts so will be available during the week for lamping.

Only looking for one person who must have some permissions themselves for a mutual exchange.

I'm a safety conscious and competent shooter (I reckon!)

There will obviously be some mutual vetting needed first.

Hello Drake

I was reading this post and was very interested in joining you on some shooting. I live in Surrey about an hour or so away from you, but I am willing to travel.

I feel I have a lot in the way of experience even though I am only 20. I have been shooting since I was 9 which was air rifles and then worked my way up to where I am now. I have spent two years studying on a gamekeeping course and currently hold my Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1 and small game meat hygiene certificate (this allows me to sell to game dealers).

I currently hold an open Firearms Certificate with a .22lr and .243 (with expanding ammunition). The fact that my ticket is open allows me to travel to any land which I deem suitable for the calibre of rifle that I am intending to use.

I am really interested in joining you for some shooting and in turn can offer some knowledge, land for rats, rabbits and foxes and even possibly some deer stalking.

If you would like to talk to me further please email me on urbanjungle14@gmail.com.

I really do look forward to hearing from you.

I live on the Bedfordshire /Hertfordshire broader mate I work in Wiltshire all week so only go out weekends day and night you can come along if you don't find anywhere closer to you unfortunately I cant get you on my permission but you can join me if you like .adds

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm looking for a shooting partner in the Hemel Hempstead area. You'll see from my posts, or lack of, that i'm fairly new here so bit of an unknown quantity, which I appreciate isn't ideal to prospective partners but I hope to post more once I step up my shooting.

I have a few permissions: some wheat fields and a golf course. I currently shoot .17hmr, .22lr and shotgun. I got into shooting late and on my own from scratch so have been learning on the job as it were. Of late I've lapsed somewhat on the frequency of my outings, a combination of the winter weather and other commitments.

What I don't really want is someone as or less experienced than myself with no shooting permissions themselves: i'm looking to learn from someone keen who is happy so share their skills and land. In return there is the opportunity to shoot fox and rabbit on an 18 hole golf course. I do not take on fox with my calibers so will be learning fox stalking from you. I've seen their green eyes taunting me at night and I know from the groundsman that they cause damage to the greens. Rabbit are also present but elusive.

This isn't a golden ticket to unlimited quarry I can assure you as I've struggled at times to bring in anything: perhaps more a sign of my skill at arms?

I work shifts so will be available during the week for lamping.

Only looking for one person who must have some permissions themselves for a mutual exchange.

I'm a safety conscious and competent shooter (I reckon!)

There will obviously be some mutual vetting needed first.

GREEN EYE shine off fox !