19 replies to this topic

#1 Pigrenok

Pigrenok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:14 pm

Hello everybody!

I am looking for a landowner, who is willing to give me a permission to shoot rabbits and/or other vermin on their land. I am shooting air rifles only. I am fairly experienced shooter. I promise to respect the land, as well as to be an extra pair of eyes on the property. Of course, I am ready to meet with land owner to discuss the opportunity.

Thank you very much for reading this.

Best regards,

Vitaly.

• ErnieOnLI likes this

#2 twymanc

twymanc

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:57 pm

Just hold on tight buddy his lordship will be along to sort you out soon better stock up on pellets!!!
  • BLACK-GUN, armdog and Sean Lee like this

#3 Al69ec

Al69ec

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:56 pm

Well... A promise is as good as a guarantee to get you permission mate. Don't take on more than you can handle tho and brake that promise! Atb
  • BLACK-GUN likes this

#4 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:25 pm

You should have no problem at all on here mate it is full of landowners just dying to give people shooting permission, as said stock up on ammo :thumbs:  :hmm:

• BLACK-GUN likes this

#5 Pigrenok

Pigrenok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:57 pm

I totally understand that the chances are very slim.
Although the point of this forum section is exactly to enable meeting of shooters and land owners, obviously, it does not work properly. Although it is still a good thing to have a post just in case your post will be found by a search machine and given to an actual landowner.
So, I do not rely on this route alone obviously. I am also trying door knocking as well as trying to meet more local people.

So, your irony was appreciated. But this is just an extra (very slim, but always positive) change o acquiring new permissions.

Good luck in the field to everybody.

Best regards,

Vitaly.
  • ErnieOnLI likes this

#6 stubby

stubby

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:06 pm

I totally understand that the chances are very slim.
Although the point of this forum section is exactly to enable meeting of shooters and land owners, obviously, it does not work properly. Although it is still a good thing to have a post just in case your post will be found by a search machine and given to an actual landowner.
So, I do not rely on this route alone obviously. I am also trying door knocking as well as trying to meet more local people.

So, your irony was appreciated. But this is just an extra (very slim, but always positive) change o acquiring new permissions.

Good luck in the field to everybody.

Best regards,

Vitaly.

as you say, it COULD be picked up by a search engine, but as most people tend to get an idea of a person within the first few lines they have written, perhaps you should include more about yourself, perhaps age? what type of insurance you hold, any shooting certificates you have etc, your availability, weekends/weekdays own transport/need to catch a bus/ etc

Edited by stubby, 30 January 2014 - 03:09 pm.

#7 Pigrenok

Pigrenok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:45 pm

Thank you very much for your. I agree with you regarding some of the info. Although, as I said, I am ready to meet and discuss details.
My age is visible in the profile. It is 29 years. I am insured. Anyway, I would guess that a person who would let another person on his/her land with shouting permission, will ask to see the insurance details.
Availability can change from time to time, but generally I am more available during weekends.
I think that transportation is my personal problem, but just as a clarification, I do own a car.

You see, all these questions have a lot of details and specifics. Each person will have different questions. The only way to answer all of them is to write full autobiography. But this is usually impossible. So, that is why I am said that I am ready to meet with a land owner to discuss the details.

Best regards,

Vitaly.

#8 stubby

stubby

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:51 pm

, I would guess that a person who would let another person on his/her land with shouting permission, 

Im sure you'll easily get permission to shout :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• BLACK-GUN and armdog like this

#9 Rake aboot

Rake aboot

Scruffy Bearded Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:13 pm

Ahh Bedfordshire

My second home,, and fortunately for you old boy,, I own most of it.  And at Bromham I see,, lucky !.

Basically I own most of that area, so just crack on with the pest control, just shoot rabbits where you see them, but keep notes of what you do so that I can keep  the factors updated.

I understand you only have an air rifle,, but there are real issues with Fallow around you, so if you get an FAC drop me a line,, we could definately use more guns.

Anyway, crack on and get shooting.

All the best

Rake

• lapin2008, charlie caller, BLACK-GUN and 1 other like this

#10 twymanc

twymanc

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:58 pm

about time rakey was starting to get a lil bit worried on ya whereabouts pal! ya genorisity just doesnt stop god bless ya, craig 

• BLACK-GUN likes this

#11 kruby01

kruby01

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:51 am

Someone's going to get caught soon and say rake said it was okay! :)
  • Rake aboot and BLACK-GUN like this

#12 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:17 am

Someone's going to get caught soon and say rake said it was okay! :)

got some permission once after being caught on there by using a similar ploy  :laugh:  :laugh:

#13 Sean Lee

Sean Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:38 pm

Hi there,

Just read that you own most of Bedfordshire.!

Would you welcome another Bedford man to shoot a few rabbits/pigeons/corvids.

I have .22RF and .17HMR, just need written permission.

I have BASC full membership for 5 years.

Best regards

• BLACK-GUN likes this

#14 Rake aboot

Rake aboot

Scruffy Bearded Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:55 pm

Absolutely old boy

Just have a read at my other reply, you`ll be "well sorted" as the oi polio say.

• charlie caller, BLACK-GUN and armdog like this

#15 Sterlin1145

Sterlin1145

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:54 am

I don't know where I'm getting this feeling from....I may be assuming wrong but ... Is sarcasm getting harder to understand these days :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users