Wellies... I Feckin Hate 'em..!!

le chameau are good. i work on a farm wore them 6 or 7 days a week including ferreting lamping etc as well as on the farm so they got a lot of wear. they lasted a year then eventually split as i caught them on the footbrake on the quad. but i gave them some serious abuse and they are warm as feck.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

put some insoles in them wellys and man the f**k up... auld ones

I been the same as you P,,,had all them you mention,,, and like you same result,,,,agile parcure 2 mate,,,,£120'mm had mine over a year now,,,and there's nothing to suggest there going to break,,,, an

I have used aigle for the last 5 1/2 years first pair lasted me 4 years of constant use until I ripped them on barbed wire ... I have had the new ones 18 months and are like new .......

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

I did get a pair of the Grubs welly's a good while back now, still got them but the rubber had perished in them within the first year so they are letting water in now, will have to get some Aquasure to try and repair them.

In December 2015 i was looking to get some new ones and opted for the Buckler Buckbootz Wellingtons

Buckler

only had them two and a half months and they have feckin split already.

Might try the Dunlop Purofort + Thermo Safety that a few have recommended on here as a good really strong boot.

Dunlop Purofort

SINDASOX

Edited by SINDASOX

I'm a bit like you fella wellies Do my head in but are handy for just slipping on and off..

I've had muck boots and grubs and they are far from cheap now..

I got some dunlope ones.

Half rubber and neoprene they were 50 odd in local farm shop..

So far so good..

I brought these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008M6ISY4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1456663763&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=aigle+parcours+wellies&dpPl=1&dpID=41X1kNELMqL&ref=plSrch years ago, still perfect, warm and cool. Great for walking. How much have you spent on all those pairs of cheap wellies? It's like going for the cheapest possible scope and wondering why it doesn't perform as well as a more expensive models.

Well after 9 months service my Tayberry Rooks have just decided that they can't hack it and split, on the upper, in the crease, on both..!! :censored:

Bottom line is.... Wellies are all shite!

Over the past 4.5 years of living 'rural' i've had about 7 pair of wellies and the best were the under a tenner, dunlop specials...

Since I moved in I've had a new pair each birthday and Christmas... And each comes with the same hope, that maybe i'll get a year out of 'em and i'm sick of getting 'em and she now refuses to buy 'em... Can't say I blame her!

Hunter, Tayberry, Sealand, Muck, Sherwood and a few others... And as said, the dunlop have outlasted ALL. I'd simply stick with them but I put a fair few miles in each week and a bloke of my age needs a bit of comfort and warmth at this age, those dunlops are neither..!!

Now some may say that if I went up to a pair of Le Cham or them Aigle thingies all would be good... But I simply can't justify that dough, especially if they lasted 6 months or so...

Feck it, just wear boots BUT again, good boots cost money, I have 'em but I ain't gonna destroy 'em tramping round bog soaked fields to simply excercise dogs, day in day out. Even the best would almost never dry out through a winter and that would seriously reduce their working life.

It's gotta be wellies but what type...????????

Stick with the dunlop specials, or do ye homework, buy and pray!

Well, this is the homework... I've read the manufactures stuff, then the reviews and was impressed with that cross section pic if you google images. Oh, and there is a couple of great reviews on youtube too. They do look a bit 'arty-farty' to me but maybe I need to climb out of the dark ages...!

The other question is, where to buy from?

Lacrosse Aerohead. Opinions please..... Help..!

One of many reviews...

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/equipment/aerohead/

I'm a tramp so no way spending 100 plus for some wellies I always buy a pare of Dunlop payed £7 for mine got them a size to big and wear a pair of slippers in them lol....

Warm waterproof and cheap as feck last a long time too ...and wellies and warmers under £20 notes lol

post-99060-0-14957900-1456667259_thumb.jpeg

post-99060-0-64497700-1456667277.jpeg

Well after 9 months service my Tayberry Rooks have just decided that they can't hack it and split, on the upper, in the crease, on both..!! :censored:

Over the past 4.5 years of living 'rural' i've had about 7 pair of wellies and the best were the under a tenner, dunlop specials...

Since I moved in I've had a new pair each birthday and Christmas... And each comes with the same hope, that maybe i'll get a year out of 'em and i'm sick of getting 'em and she now refuses to buy 'em... Can't say I blame her!

Hunter, Tayberry, Sealand, Muck, Sherwood and a few others... And as said, the dunlop have outlasted ALL. I'd simply stick with them but I put a fair few miles in each week and a bloke of my age needs a bit of comfort and warmth at this age, those dunlops are neither..!!

Now some may say that if I went up to a pair of Le Cham or them Aigle thingies all would be good... But I simply can't justify that dough, especially if they lasted 6 months or so...

Feck it, just wear boots BUT again, good boots cost money, I have 'em but I ain't gonna destroy 'em tramping round bog soaked fields to simply excercise dogs, day in day out. Even the best would almost never dry out through a winter and that would seriously reduce their working life.

Well, this is the homework... I've read the manufactures stuff, then the reviews and was impressed with that cross section pic if you google images. Oh, and there is a couple of great reviews on youtube too. They do look a bit 'arty-farty' to me but maybe I need to climb out of the dark ages...!

One of many reviews...http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/equipment/aerohead/

I'm a tramp so no way spending 100 plus for some wellies I always buy a pare of Dunlop payed £7 for mine got them a size to big and wear a pair of slippers in them lol....

Warm waterproof and cheap as feck last a long time too ...and wellies and warmers under £20 notes lol

Navek, not long after i wrote that post i was recommended Dunlop Purofort, the big heavy duty ones. They were £60 and the best thing i've bought in years. Damn nigh indestructable, insulated and for the look of em, surprisingly comfortable.

Like i said best things i've bought in years!! ;)

One of many reviews...http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/equipment/aerohead/

Navek, not long after i wrote that post i was recommended Dunlop Purofort, the big heavy duty ones. They were £60 and the best thing i've bought in years. Damn nigh indestructable, insulated and for the look of em, surprisingly comfortable.

Like i said best things i've bought in years!! ;)

Hmmmmm mite have look at them mate cheers . Will have get wife put the other 40 tho so I only have put 20 lol

One of many reviews...

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/equipment/aerohead/

Feckin hell lol
  • Like 1