Wellies... I Feckin Hate 'em..!!

Well after 9 months service my Tayberry Rooks have just decided that they can't hack it and split, on the upper, in the crease, on both..!! :censored:

Bottom line is.... Wellies are all shite!

Over the past 4.5 years of living 'rural' i've had about 7 pair of wellies and the best were the under a tenner, dunlop specials...

Since I moved in I've had a new pair each birthday and Christmas... And each comes with the same hope, that maybe i'll get a year out of 'em and i'm sick of getting 'em and she now refuses to buy 'em... Can't say I blame her!

Hunter, Tayberry, Sealand, Muck, Sherwood and a few others... And as said, the dunlop have outlasted ALL. I'd simply stick with them but I put a fair few miles in each week and a bloke of my age needs a bit of comfort and warmth at this age, those dunlops are neither..!!

Now some may say that if I went up to a pair of Le Cham or them Aigle thingies all would be good... But I simply can't justify that dough, especially if they lasted 6 months or so...

Feck it, just wear boots BUT again, good boots cost money, I have 'em but I ain't gonna destroy 'em tramping round bog soaked fields to simply excercise dogs, day in day out. Even the best would almost never dry out through a winter and that would seriously reduce their working life.

It's gotta be wellies but what type...????????

Stick with the dunlop specials, or do ye homework, buy and pray!

Well, this is the homework... I've read the manufactures stuff, then the reviews and was impressed with that cross section pic if you google images. Oh, and there is a couple of great reviews on youtube too. They do look a bit 'arty-farty' to me but maybe I need to climb out of the dark ages...!

The other question is, where to buy from?

Lacrosse Aerohead. Opinions please..... Help..!

One of many reviews...

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/equipment/aerohead/

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

put some insoles in them wellys and man the f**k up... auld ones

I been the same as you P,,,had all them you mention,,, and like you same result,,,,agile parcure 2 mate,,,,£120'mm had mine over a year now,,,and there's nothing to suggest there going to break,,,, an

I have used aigle for the last 5 1/2 years first pair lasted me 4 years of constant use until I ripped them on barbed wire ... I have had the new ones 18 months and are like new .......

Posted Images

I been the same as you P,,,had all them you mention,,, and like you same result,,,,agile parcure 2 mate,,,,£120'mm had mine over a year now,,,and there's nothing to suggest there going to break,,,, and being on the heavy side I was going through the others quicker than you,,, mucks were not lasting a 6 month hunting season...

Tell you what though,, I used to get plenty of wear out of the original hunters 20 year ago,,, not sure if you can get them now,,, you know the ones,, quite thin really ,, and a real narrow tight fit,,,they weren't much good stood round ferreting cos they had no insulation,,,, but for being on The move walking the fields looking for a race,,they were very cummfy and light weight...

But my advise is ,,,get that money from under that matress out...And get some agile ;)

• Like 3

Oh by the way I had the lacrosse ,,, got them for 50 quid from the midland,,, years ago,,, lasted me about 2 year,,, I raved about them at the time on here,,, other lads had them and weren't as fortunate as me,,,what I liked about them was the narrow anckle,,, it gave loads of support ,,, in fact if I'm honest more support then the agile I have now,,, they did eventually wear out on the inside at the heal,,, wich like all the others hurts like hell,, and causes blisters,,, and you end up trying to stick gaffer tape down the inside of the welly,,,in fact I used to wrap it round my ankles as well,,,lol,, but they did end up splitting just above the sole near the ball of your big toe,,

Oh by the way I had the lacrosse ,,, got them for 50 quid from the midland,,, years ago,,, lasted me about 2 year,,, I raved about them at the time on here,,, other lads had them and weren't as fortunate as me,,,what I liked about them was the narrow anckle,,, it gave loads of support ,,, in fact if I'm honest more support then the agile I have now,,, they did eventually wear out on the inside at the heal,,, wich like all the others hurts like hell,, and causes blisters,,, and you end up trying to stick gaffer tape down the inside of the welly,,,in fact I used to wrap it round my ankles as well,,,lol,, but they did end up splitting just above the sole near the ball of your big toe,,

they all go the same way i have the scars on my heels to prove it :laugh::laugh:

I can't help you mate ,I've had a pair of mucks now for two years nearly and bar a small tear that I did on a fence there still going strong . I think the 80 odd quid they cost was money well spent I know a lot of people don't like them but I love mine

• Like 1

I like the le chemmes iam in them nigh on everyday and they last well enough and honestly as comy as slippers. Its 60 to 100 quid theses days foe a pair of trainers or timberland or what.140 nothing to be comy even if need replaceing ever couple of yr or what ever

• Like 1