Tx200 (Now Project Hc)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONE HAPPY CHAPPY :) :) :) Think a celebration bevi in order tonight (any excuse) If anyone got any other little mods/improvments I've missed pleaee let me know as I'd love a excuse to strip her

Many thanks moxy I'm really enjoying this project will be starting with the stock in next few days.

Fantastic looking restoration job sir. Seeing these guns getting such great work done to them is getting me right in the mood for another resto job. Well done   Chris.

What a brilliant read mate well done

Im stripping down an old webley Falcon from 1965 just now its pitted I just used

Wet and dry so far .

I will get some birchwood casey rust and bluing remover as it worked a treat for you.

The barrel is down to bare metal and feels smooth but there are still darker looking spots all over it

Is this the way yours was and I have to sand it more .

It looks like leopard print

Cheers

David

Lol thanks for replys !

Yea sounds Like bit more rubbing down in order david I used the harshest 1st to remove everything then your just chasing out the scratches but it will all come out eventually :)

Quick update fridge is stocked up with bevis for tonights stock session saved it for tonight as our tom wanted in on the action so when he arrives we will get cracked on and will upload loads of pics as we go.

Picked up a bargin jsb pro target scope off another member last night so will be hopefully arriving early next week and got my eye on some really nice quality silver double bolt mounts at 38 quid that think will really finish it off

Carnt remember the make but they look the dogs !!!

More to follow shortly . Cheers

20140208_174139.jpg

[BANNED TEXT] few pics ...

The stock was finished in possibly the hardest hard core varnish ,1 and a half tins of nitromorse and 2 hours later were at a stage were we can start sanding

20140208_174145.jpg

20140208_174150.jpg

20140208_174156.jpg

20140208_174211.jpg

Above are pics before we started runs all over and basically awful finish the chequering was pooled

with varnish

20140208_194126.jpg

20140208_200539.jpg

20140208_204822.jpg

20140208_210707.jpg

20140208_210714.jpg

Edited by mattybugeye