Tx200 (Now Project Hc)

hi Matt

i have enjoyed this journey with you & your TX :thumbs:

its nice to see a member giving a forgotten rifle a new lease of life.the stock looks great buddy you have done a good job.

regarding delrin guides give SFS a ring in west Bromwich or Dave Hall in Sheffield, they are both capable of turning a guide out for you,but they would probably need your spring to,custom make the guide to fit the spring.

i am sure i have a spare guide in my man cave which you are welcome to,next time i am in there i will take a look for it :thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONE HAPPY CHAPPY :) :) :) Think a celebration bevi in order tonight (any excuse) If anyone got any other little mods/improvments I've missed pleaee let me know as I'd love a excuse to strip her

Many thanks moxy I'm really enjoying this project will be starting with the stock in next few days.

Fantastic looking restoration job sir. Seeing these guns getting such great work done to them is getting me right in the mood for another resto job. Well done   Chris.

hi Matt

i have enjoyed this journey with you & your TX :thumbs:

its nice to see a member giving a forgotten rifle a new lease of life.the stock looks great buddy you have done a good job.

regarding delrin guides give SFS a ring in west Bromwich or Dave Hall in Sheffield, they are both capable of turning a guide out for you,but they would probably need your spring to,custom make the guide to fit the spring.

i am sure i have a spare guide in my man cave which you are welcome to,next time i am in there i will take a look for it :thumbs:

Thanks davy I've got the bug big style for restoring sure there will be another project soon and when I started never expected this outcome so made up. Really appreciated all the help from members along the way and words of wisdom.

If you got a spare guide that would be fantastic I would obviously pay you for it and postage but if not il try them you reccomended . Thanks bud

Edited by mattybugeye

Due to horrific weather todays trip on hold but me and tom going to range monday so will get some groups up. Think I'm strip and polish up trigger contacts today while waiting for stealth to arrive fingers crossed today as did nxt day delivery :)

Will add pics of trigger once done

• Like 1

[BANNED TEXT] got cracking on trigger tune

Removed trigger unit and began stripping bit fidly and the seating pins were seized solid but bit of persuasion out they came I have got to add 1 pic at a time as I loose whole post pics following........

20140215_115627.jpg

20140215_122033.jpg

20140215_122125.jpg

20140215_122309.jpg

Above pic of how it sits in the unit

All cleaned up and polished any metal to metal contact with fine sandpaper and oiled up

20140215_124422.jpg

A close up of polished parts

20140215_124429.jpg

PaperArtist_2014-02-15_15-48-16.jpeg

Areas I polished up (wasn't been arti farty with pic just how it came out)

All back together redy to go back in gun

20140215_130029.jpg

To be honest I really wasn't expecting much from doing this but what a transformation the trigger is so smooth the 2nd stage especially made the trigger pull so much lighter like 10x lighter just a tiny squeeze on 2nd stage and fire!!!

I highly recommend doing it its a bit fidly but just took my time and it payed off don't really know what more is left to do on it now its smooth as hell in every respect not blowing my own trumpet but so proud of this project.

While gun was in bits I took the oil and scouring pad to stock again much happier with the finish now no roughness at all and really brought the grain out......

Edited by mattybugeye

20140215_131144.jpg

20140215_131134.jpg

ONE HAPPY CHAPPY :) :) :) :) :) :)

Think a celebration bevi in order tonight (any excuse)

If anyone got any other little mods/improvments I've missed pleaee let me know as I'd love a excuse to strip her down haha

Thanks all really enjoyed this !!

Edited by mattybugeye
  • Like 3

Went up to range for couple of hours today to sample 10 diffrent types of pellet in tx and air arms field by far the best we tested this a group at 35yd!!!!! 5p pice at side! Both 5 pellet groups

20140217_155156.jpg

Very pleased with how it shoots power is still settling down but stayed in 11.4s today put around 400 pelets through it and not missed a beat did not like accupel or rws super h point at all .

Think going to stick to aa field from now on :)

Edited by mattybugeye