Tx200 (Now Project Hc)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONE HAPPY CHAPPY :) :) :) Think a celebration bevi in order tonight (any excuse) If anyone got any other little mods/improvments I've missed pleaee let me know as I'd love a excuse to strip her

Many thanks moxy I'm really enjoying this project will be starting with the stock in next few days.

Fantastic looking restoration job sir. Seeing these guns getting such great work done to them is getting me right in the mood for another resto job. Well done   Chris.

Yes matty i will lol. That phillips gun blue is awsome and miles better than the birchwood casey gun blue (allthough birchwood and casey blue remover is superb)

Now you done a top blueing job again matty i may have to drop a gun off for your bluing services lol.

As a side note well done whatever you do, you do with determination and attention to detail and because of this you now have a lovely looking tx200! Now go and finnish your landrover and get it on the road lol.

• Like 1

Yea that's next task get the bloody landy on road lol

Picked up a deben whisper silencer today so will get a pic up when get in

That's it for spending for bit now luckily I've got all stock refinish stuff from doing shotgun so least saving pennies there hense buying the whisper lol(well that's how I'm convincing myself)

Few brass bits will be ordered next payday now need a nice day to go test her out

Edited by mattybugeye
  • Like 1

I just had a fettle with my hw97k, it developed a grinding when cocking, im guessing some grit got in there somehow. re polished the cylinder and its like butter again now after a relube.

itching to get out to re zero the scope in but its cold rainy and pretty windy so no point really :cray:

cant beat a good fettle on a rainy day :D

going to look into re blueing a bit more , was going to spraypaint it camo but not sure now after seing how nice your tx has turned out!

Thanks mate!! .Yea definitely carnt beat a good fettle any excuse to take something apart I jump at the chance haha

Had a hour in garden with it earlier was bit up and down at 1st but settled down nicely now 15 shots through chrono it stayed in the 11.4s so carnt argue with consiatancy either with silencer on its quietend it right down just a dull thud of piston really pleased with outcome know keep saying it but made up.

Very little recoil too shot like a dog when bought it completely diffrent rifle to use now. Couple of pics with mod on.......

Edited by mattybugeye

Oh yea that would transform it how much was it ?

Just out of interest lol

you mean the walnut tx in my local.?

it was a while ago now, but they had 4 or 5 on the rack all lined up next to eachother, and this one definitely stood out from the crowd it was beautiful!

they could have sold it/ all of them by now mate I haven't been in for a while.

give them a ring or bob in, your not too far down the road, from Kirklees guns, in Huddersfield.

suppose your local would be redbeck .? hear lots of good things about them :thumbs:

Ah yea know kirklees

I mainly use swillington or aaron wheelers or henry kranks

But redbecks are good lads just bit of a trail across wakey to it

Il keep my eyes peeled for a nice stock if one came up cheap would be tempted lol