First Lamping Film By Me, Great Runs Throughout

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nice little vid but recipe for a yapper far to young to put on hard to catch bunnies -you got to make it easier for her mate -good luck [nice bitch ]

Yep I didn't watch the whole vid I didn't need to ... You can clearly see that the dog is not physically or mentally ready for catching fit winter bunnies ... Her running style is still very puppyish

Go for a sprint and try shouting at the same time .... You will soon find out ........

Well done Rew for having ago at the clip's mate :thumbs:

I watched the ferreting one after the lamp one . . . . That light coloured Jill is a tad Frisky :laugh:

thanks breeze, I was probably calling nottzhunter a girl or something along them lines for not grabbing her and so I thought I would show him how its done. Big mistake :laugh:

Cheers honest, I hope you've subscribed to my channel then. :thumbs:

nice one, lass is around 10 and half month now, the majority of that video was between the age of 9 and 10 month. The night before the last on the vid we lamped a new place, squatters everywhere. So when you get those chances its hard not to go for one more. I have seen a dog on NIGHTHUNTER lamping vid and Phil Lloyd was running a year old dog I think called moocher, meant to be its first night out and it yapped. IMO its not the end of the world and it can be down to both excitement and frustration.

The yapping is the least of your problems..

Yous will kill that dog lamping in feilds with horses and through woods..

Your hardly giving it a chance.. All the rabbits were running away from the beam..

The lad will f**k its retrieve, walking towards every rabbit.. looks like he is struggling to brake its neck.. A right stretcher :laugh::laugh:

Lloyds vid and your are leagues apart :bye:

• Like 1

Your hardly giving it a chance.. All the rabbits were running away from the beam..

The lad will f**k its retrieve, walking towards every rabbit.. looks like he is struggling to brake its neck.. A right stretcher :laugh::laugh:

Unfortunately we don't have access to miles of moor and dales with enough rabbits to make easy pickings. We have to lamp what is available on the ground around here, we wasn't lamping inside any wood and our aim is to always get the rabbits towards the beam not away, that's something I have learned from Phils video but also from experienced lampers. The only times he had walked towards the dog was when she wasn't coming any closer, you watch till the end and he actually walks away from the dog to encourage her to bring it closer.

Its lucky I wasn't filming my own bitch before her damaged feet. You would have seen something better than average for once. :whistling:

ive not seen the video,,, but i will say 1 thing yapping his in them,, weather hit be a late start for a dog or a young start,,,,,the problem with a early start, on the lamp, the pup,,,may be sloppy with the retreive,,, and that can grow into a problem,,,,,, when was kids and no show dogs about,,,not knowing any better, they went lamping some has they got that whippy //greyhound shape,,,,,and they never made murmer,, but the retreive was not good,,,,unless you fell lucky, and got a natural one what you cud not fa#k up.... GOING BACK TO THE YAPPING this his day time,,,when dogs are bushing in thick cover, more so when the dog can see hits game but got brambles holding hit back etc,,, then this can make the best of dogs open up,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 1

Unfortunately we don't have access to miles of moor and dales with enough rabbits to make easy pickings. We have to lamp what is available on the ground around here, we wasn't lamping inside any wood and our aim is to always get the rabbits towards the beam not away, that's something I have learned from Phils video but also from experienced lampers. The only times he had walked towards the dog was when she wasn't coming any closer, you watch till the end and he actually walks away from the dog to encourage her to bring it closer.

Its lucky I wasn't filming my own bitch before her damaged feet. You would have seen something better than average for once. :whistling:

Lol at rew,,,, he's done ya there giro.......lol

Yeah done :icon_redface:

If you lads want to slip a dog that struggling on squatters, in a wooded area your off your heads..

Its a dangerous enough game.. Game can run anywhere and when the chase is on, you let it run..

To choose to slip that dog on that rabbit was daft.. What is the point, there is always another one..

Yeah after 20 rabbits your mate changed tact and let the dog come to him :laugh:

The rabbits looked easy enough , the dog was just not ready..

. looks like he is struggling to brake its neck.. A right stretcher :laugh::laugh:

Might of been a buck rabbit. They are harder to kill :laugh:

Yeah so some people say :laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

Anyway guys, we'll just have to see how things develop. The bitch is doing well and im sure she will continue to catch rabbits even if she yaps. That's the aim of game after all. It would be great if she didn't but it's never made a difference between the dogs I have saw.

• Like 1