• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not the biggest difference mate.

Had hennies in the past, Irish greys, kept them as i always wanted them, bred them from fully cock feathered birds, had a real soft spot for them, but in the end they werent worth keeping, but that mi

hiall, I started this thead on the 27th jan trying to get hold of a pair / trio of hennies , I had some positive replys and some negative , BUT !!!! today fri 26th sept they arrived , and they are abs

Posted Images

5lb 10oz?........blimey. I was inspired by my Jerezanos for my 'Handle/Nickname', (not the one I use here) the biggest of which was 3lb 4oz....lol. White Hackles being the heavyweights of the day with comparable weights to your Hennies. I have never had true Hennies, people didn't like them to be passed around. I had a Hells Angel pal from the North of the Country who had some, they were muffed, although I doubt he had the weights you have Hatcher.

• Like 1

Had hennies in the past, Irish greys, kept them as i always wanted them, bred them from fully cock feathered birds, had a real soft spot for them, but in the end they werent worth keeping, but that might of just been the line i had, but there is usually a reason why a breed dies out, and that is because a better one comes along and beats them.

To all the poeple out there breeding hennies, keep it up, as long as the man is happy with them, then thats all that matters, dont matter what other people think of them, they aint the ones paying for there feed and caring for them 365 days of the year...... but my big problem is is people that make there birds out to be something there not, dont lie fellas, people appreciate honesty, they don't have to be world beaters, as long as there good honest fowl.

• Like 3

just encase you did not know anything different gamerooster but this is the hunting life mate not sabong but if you mean getting beat in the show pen well that is only someone,s opinion and everybody as got one be it right or wrong all the best mate O,T,T

Take it how you want it, but does it state anything illegal in my post? people who jump the gun usually have a guilty consience

Not a guilty conscience mate, I am just one of them old guys that don't like to read shit from a fool like you if I was a friend of yours which I am not, and would not be for long, I would have you checked out, its fools like you that make out they know men and talk about things they know nothing about that will be the downfall of good lads, so my advice to lads about you, would be stay clear, I have got a 10 year old grandson knows more about gamefowl then you, and he don't know feck all, so go back to borrowing some more out of print books and carry on dreaming, gamerooster what a joke ha ha ha

Had hennies in the past, Irish greys, kept them as i always wanted them, bred them from fully cock feathered birds, had a real soft spot for them, but in the end they werent worth keeping, but that might of just been the line i had, but there is usually a reason why a breed dies out, and that is because a better one comes along and beats them.

To all the poeple out there breeding hennies, keep it up, as long as the man is happy with them, then thats all that matters, dont matter what other people think of them, they aint the ones paying for there feed and caring for them 365 days of the year...... but my big problem is is people that make there birds out to be something there not, dont lie fellas, people appreciate honesty, they don't have to be world beaters, as long as there good honest fowl.

To be perfectly honest "gamerooster" as much as iam trying to respect your opinion I don't think it is relevant in this section,

how can you breed hennies out of "fully cock feathered birds" ok if you had irish greys it is more than possible you could breed

a cock that didn't have a full tail... and try as you might ,out of this slight throw back you are not going to breed hennies, hence

like you said "died out" but they didn't die out they weren't there to begin with... not worth keeping well , out of your own admission

you let go coal minor blues, so that says it all.. and as for advising lads not to tell lies about there birds. well

• Like 1

That's what you get when you let your brood hens run amongst cocks on tethers, one word for them smarties, D,T,D some people are to daft to learn, but very good at running people down that is trying to teach them something, like a very good friend of mine in the states, once said to me many years ago kid its not how many years you have been in this game that counts its how quick you learn, and some people never do, gamerooster instead of butting in on men that know what they are talking about by first hand experience, sit back and read you mint learn something, but having said that I doubt that very much

• Like 3

To be onast fellas I would stay well away from game rooster he' smells very fishy to me.... I get feeling he could be an undercover anaimal rights activces..... As not true chicken man would come out with somethink so stupid..... I for will not get drawed in to anymore convos with him to much of a risk..... ATB Uk

• Like 2

To be perfectly honest "gamerooster" as much as iam trying to respect your opinion I don't think it is relevant in this section,

how can you breed hennies out of "fully cock feathered birds" ok if you had irish greys it is more than possible you could breed

a cock that didn't have a full tail... and try as you might ,out of this slight throw back you are not going to breed hennies, hence

like you said "died out" but they didn't die out they weren't there to begin with... not worth keeping well , out of your own admission

you let go coal minor blues, so that says it all.. and as for advising lads not to tell lies about there birds. well

the hen was henny feathered, put her back to her son, thats how i bred them...... and a sfor letting the coalminer mugs go, i dident have a choice, had to move away for work, always got told work before pleasure, left them with a man who i thought i could trust but i guess that wasent the case