Ultrafire

Well people you'd never believe the difference now I've modded my torch up with Matt's lens and painting the reflector black,what a huge difference in beam tightness and throw fair play. Matt and Tom have been so helpfull with their knowledge and time CHEERS LADS

Bloody great arnt they!

• 1 month later...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ultraffire 501b is already loved by air gunners as standard, but paint your refractor black and add matts lens you will be amazed. While out lamping with severel mates of mine with a tracer lamp with

Anybody who takes a risk with cheap 18650 batteries are crazy...risking your torch been like a pipe bomb, especially if you run two batteries together. 18650 batteries need looking after.

So after my op on new years day i have been forced to take a bit easy. so only being back on my feet properly for about a week i have been out on my perms a couple of times during the day with not t

Posted Images

I've bought the torch and the Convex Lense from that link but when I unscrewed the front housing for the LED I tried to unscrew the old lense out from the front housing but it won't budge? how do you remove the old lense from the housing?

Thanks

Luke.

Hi Matt how's things buddy? can you please tell me the last 2 batches of lens I've ordered I've had to dremill the diameter of the lens for it to fit my mates 501b ultra fire?is this normal because the lens you kindly sent me for mine simply fell into torch head?cheers Mike

Hi Matt how's things buddy? can you please tell me the last 2 batches of lens I've ordered I've had to dremill the diameter of the lens for it to fit my mates 501b ultra fire?is this normal because the lens you kindly sent me for mine simply fell into torch head?cheers Mike

Hi mike

Yea I'm not sure on that 1 think it's just the variation in the batches

I've never had to shave any off but our tom had to use some wet and dry to take some off once again both ordered from the same place so it's odd maybe the ultrafire are all slightly different sizes on lense diameter

• 2 weeks later...

Iv had the same lens fit one 501b and not the other 501b so I'm sure its a slight variation in the torch heads. No problem tho as the lenses are verry easy to sand down a bit with some wet and dry sandpaper.

I ordered another 501b off eBay when it arrived it didn't work.i tried a few simple things without success anyway after a few messages between my self and seller he kindly sent me out replacement torch which arrived this morning.i changed lens for convex one(that fell straight in without rubbing down)and painted reflector black.jobs a good one.only difference is size of spot/square is smaller on one than other?same torches,same lens,same seller.anyone know why?do the LEDs come in different sizes?

Ive noticed that too

Think its to do with size of led pip ??

Our Tom might know but I had same thing with one, ive just ordered another keep bloody loosing them lost 4 now God knows how hoping I find them all in 1 place prob back of a cupboard or draw somewhere will be awsum, like Christmas lol

What I've got planned Matt is one fixed to top of scope and another attached to a neck lanyard for one of my sons to wear/use.my plan of action is for my son to spot rabbit (come September) with the one on lanyard,i then switch on mine,he knocks his off,i shoot and hopefully hit rabbit. method in my madness,I've only got to raise gun when target is spotted and reason for lanyard they're only young boys that will easily drop and lose torch,I've also attached a keyring led torch for gates/fences etc.im going to spoil myself and order one of clusons scope mounted bracket intended for pro spotter torches.just had tube measured of 501b so i can order right size diameter bracket.What would you suggest to use on gun?torch with wider or smaller spot/square?

I ordered another 501b off eBay when it arrived it didn't work.i tried a few simple things without success anyway after a few messages between my self and seller he kindly sent me out replacement torch which arrived this morning.i changed lens for convex one(that fell straight in without rubbing down)and painted reflector black.jobs a good one.only difference is size of spot/square is smaller on one than other?same torches,same lens,same seller.anyone know why?do the LEDs come in different sizes?

Hi patterdale, I may be wrong but I think it is not the size of the led but the distance of it it is from the lens as i noticed this before slightly between my torches. Maybe there is a slight difference in the length of the refractors? On mine they have been a slight different size but still good so its not bothered me as once your in a field with it the difference is hard to see.

I been using as matt says, tighter one on the gun and wider one for spotting but I not noticed a big difference while using them.

The cheap Chinese batteries have been fine, iv heared people say they are dangerous but I never seen anything dodgy about them whatsoever. A pound each from China and a bit of a wait but all been good so far.