Get on ebay, get a cannon or Nikon DSLR. a good Nikon camera that was before its time was the D70, it'll do everything you want and you'll get change from £100 second hand. The lens is more important than the camera, you want a fast lens, that's an aperture of say F2.8 or F4 at maximum zoom. The faster the lens, the less light needed to be captured to produce the photo. The less light needed means faster shutter speeds. It's the fast shutter speeds that capture the action shots.

• Like 1

Get on ebay, get a cannon or Nikon DSLR. a good Nikon camera that was before its time was the D70, it'll do everything you want and you'll get change from £100 second hand. The lens is more important than the camera, you want a fast lens, that's an aperture of say F2.8 or F4 at maximum zoom. The faster the lens, the less light needed to be captured to produce the photo. The less light needed means faster shutter speeds. It's the fast shutter speeds that capture the action shots.

its more light for faster shutter speeds :tongue2:

Hi,

You can get some descent starter kits from Canon and Nikon. That will get you a body and a lens some kits will come with two lenses. Sony should be a good make as they bought out Konica Minolta which used to be two companies and they have just built upon the Minolta lenses and the sony lenses are the same bayonet fitting as the Minolta so you could get some of the auto focus lenses to work on any Sony DSLR.

When I first bought my first DSLR Canon where the cameras to get as Nikons as fantastic as there film cameras are where bit behind in development of their DSLR range so they where not quite as good. Certainly not the case now.

Get a good starter kit then when you feel that your photography is getting better then you can start to buy the faster lenses as they are not cheap but they are built to last.

Your best bet is find a descent camera shop and try the different starter kit available cameras out as you may find one make fits your hands better and the controls are more intuitive to you.

Digger.

:sigh: less light needed BY THE LENS means faster shutter speeds. I was talking about the lens, didn't know I had to write lens after every statement though :laugh:

:sigh: less light needed BY THE LENS means faster shutter speeds. I was talking about the lens, didn't know I had to write lens after every statement though :laugh:

you've seen the light :laugh::laugh: