Poaching Deer!!!

I'd have a room full of trophies if I could, LOL. I'll not hide the truth of it. I love impressive antlers and furs and all that. But offer me a simple trophy or a cracking hunt on a cull animal and I'll take the cracking hunt every time. How the feck anybody can waste venison is beyond me, I understand rutting stags and bucks can be rank but it's just not cricket now is it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work a lot on a shoot in devon i will not mention the name. its a great place and is hunted on, over and around a lot stalking lamping shooting fishing ferreting the lot. Was in the beating line yes

The amount of idiots with guns these days is frightening. Common practice to drive around lamping from the roads, no permission, just blasting anything they see and leaving it to rot, deer included.

i have to disagree! i know boys with tickets that poach stupid as it is but it happens!! i am not moaning about poachers just if you shoot something that big dont just cut its bloody head off!!!.. poa

I'd have a room full of trophies if I could, LOL. I'll not hide the truth of it. I love impressive antlers and furs and all that. But offer me a simple trophy or a cracking hunt on a cull animal and I'll take the cracking hunt every time. How the feck anybody can waste venison is beyond me, I understand rutting stags and bucks can be rank but it's just not cricket now is it.

there still good for dog food there will be about 3 weeks feeding for 5 odd dogs in that I've never heard any one shooting deer just for the heads though

Hence the broken antlered buck , that was nearly a whole day stalk on a cracking head that I had decided to take ,then just as I got a chance this buck hobbled out , back leg dragging so I had to take him instead ..never see the good buck again & never bothered trying for a trophy again either ..makes me laugh every time I think about it ..eat ok though ! :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Not that trophys are a bad thing Born Hunter, i was more trying to say, all people seem to want is the trophy. Not the meat, not the experience, not the day out on a good stalk, just the head, and bragging rights.

For example these dick heads who pay big bucks to shoot endangered creatures in africa and stuff, purely for a stuffed lion for the billiards room at the manor. Not to eat the meat. Just to have it stuffed for bragging rights over brandy and a cigar. c**ts.

• Like 3

Yeah, I wasn't getting at you Grim mate. Just a general comment. I'm not a fan of trophys for bragging rights either, I just love them, I dunno I guess it's the magnificance of them! I'd love a big old 14 point stag head on the wall, I'd love even more a big grand dinning room and hallway full of them! LOL. I love looking at pics of old estate's halls absolutely clad with trophy stag heads! :yes:

I know what you mean about bragging rights, I can't fathom that. I mean surely the man that can stalk the unstalkable has the bragging rights over the man than simply kills the biggest head? But equally if i had the money I'd undoubtably be hunting the world over for all manor of animals, for the experience and memories. I mean, imagine hunting a man eating Tiger in India or stalking an African Leopard in thick bush in Botswana. Hunting a Grizzly Bear or Canadian Wolf on a month long hunt in the wilds of North America with just a rucksack and your rifle.... This whole hunting life is about the experience for me. But i still love seeing trophys! LOL.

• Like 2

It's happening by me as well. Lads lamping of the back of trucks and shooting anything worst of all leaving it there. Sickening finding dad Hares. Why shoot anything and leave it there. Farmers are having to gate and lock all their fields.

• 4 weeks later...

Poachers are thieves.

When you are in a private hunting ground and you don't have the right to, you are a thief.

If you are carrying a gun or net or "waking" a dog where you are not allowed to, you are thinkig of using it, you are thinking of stealing.

I run a private hunting ground in Spain and it costs me a lot of time and money to do it properly, so whenever I come across someone who is not allowed to be there, I simply call the authorities and I tell you that they take good care of the situation. No one likes to be robbed and people who do this they are trying to steal my property.

I also hunt in other grounds where I also spend good money to be able to have the right to do it.

I never walk my dogs or train them where I don't have permission.

I don't want to offend, but if you want a car, you pay for it, so if you want to hunt (even if it is just for the trophy), scratch your pocket like the rest and get a your permit.

I don't know the hunting regulations in other countries, but in my country, the law says that everything I've just written is true.

south hams hunter

you say poaching is not a crime so taking something some one has reared or managed is fine is it? to trespass and kill something someone else has put there time and money into is fine? if you had chickens would it be ok for someone to come take the eggs from the coop cause that's poaching but I bet you would get annoyed about that

• Like 1

south hams hunter

you say poaching is not a crime so taking something some one has reared or managed is fine is it? to trespass and kill something someone else has put there time and money into is fine? if you had chickens would it be ok for someone to come take the eggs from the coop cause that's poaching but I bet you would get annoyed about that

Wat about rabbits that arnt reared and are classed as a pest is that a crime poaching them.

Poachers are thieves.

When you are in a private hunting ground and you don't have the right to, you are a thief.

If you are carrying a gun or net or "waking" a dog where you are not allowed to, you are thinkig of using it, you are thinking of stealing.

I run a private hunting ground in Spain and it costs me a lot of time and money to do it properly, so whenever I come across someone who is not allowed to be there, I simply call the authorities and I tell you that they take good care of the situation. No one likes to be robbed and people who do this they are trying to steal my property.

I also hunt in other grounds where I also spend good money to be able to have the right to do it.

I don't want to offend, but if you want a car, you pay for it, so if you want to hunt (even if it is just for the trophy), scratch your pocket like the rest and get a your permit.

I don't know the hunting regulations in other countries, but in my country, the law says that everything I've just written is true.

how the feck can you say someone is stealing your property?

ive got a dog and it dont matter who's land it is on its still mine. you on the other hand can only say that the game is yours when its on your ground, as soon as it jumps/crosses the fence to the neighbours ground it becomes there's. (so you dont own feck all game just the ground its on)

• Like 2

Poachers are thieves.

how the feck can you say someone is stealing your property?

ive got a dog and it dont matter who's land it is on its still mine. you on the other hand can only say that the game is yours when its on your ground, as soon as it jumps/crosses the fence to the neighbours ground it becomes there's. (so you dont own feck all game just the ground its on)

own the ground is a strange one, it was there before he was born and will still be there after he has gone so what does he own other than the time in between the two events, how does he own it?. it was there before man walked on it and will be there after he is no longer here to walk on it, strange thing this owning the land, :laugh::laugh:

With out going too far into it, I'm heading up a UK based team working on counter poaching.

Iv worked in South Sudan, Kenya. And Zimbabwe through my career doing counter poaching or tracking. Mainly converting rebel groups into "reserve wardens" the fee they get for their knowledge of the ground out weighs their need then to become a rebel. It works.

Now back to England, the team will comprise of only top line ex military with Recce or similar experience with Jungle Tracking experience. We will be able to provide consultancy and more versatile counter poaching activities with a reaction plan should poachers be spotted.

Poachers in the UK have been getting away with this for decades, with technology etc. not any more. The techniques we use are proven techniques used in warfare to track the likes of jihadist groups in Helmand and any where else in the world the British army had been.

Poachers won't be able to see us, but we will see them and document their activities then interdict them. So if your a poacher, we may very well be watching you.

The legal bits are being tied up, and support from the police is developing as we don't have the right to arrest. Two of the big estates in Wiltshire have expressed urgent interest with a further 3 more in the Berkshire and Kent area.

We should be online at the end of this year.

Poaching is a crime, and you will get caught and you will be prosecuted.

• Like 1

With out going too far into it, I'm heading up a UK based team working on counter poaching.

Iv worked in South Sudan, Kenya. And Zimbabwe through my career doing counter poaching or tracking. Mainly converting rebel groups into "reserve wardens" the fee they get for their knowledge of the ground out weighs their need then to become a rebel. It works.

Now back to England, the team will comprise of only top line ex military with Recce or similar experience with Jungle Tracking experience. We will be able to provide consultancy and more versatile counter poaching activities with a reaction plan should poachers be spotted.

Poachers in the UK have been getting away with this for decades, with technology etc. not any more. The techniques we use are proven techniques used in warfare to track the likes of jihadist groups in Helmand and any where else in the world the British army had been.

Poachers won't be able to see us, but we will see them and document their activities then interdict them. So if your a poacher, we may very well be watching you.

The legal bits are being tied up, and support from the police is developing as we don't have the right to arrest. Two of the big estates in Wiltshire have expressed urgent interest with a further 3 more in the Berkshire and Kent area.

and you assume nobody walking the land has any experience in counter intelligence and escape and evasion :laugh::laugh: the best trackers available are the ones from the locality. always will be, technology will help but as the saying goes, knowledge is power :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

and you assume nobody walking the land has any experience in counter intelligence and escape and evasion :laugh::laugh: the best trackers available are the ones from the locality. always will be, technology will help but as the saying goes, knowledge is power :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

yep your right paulus most of the new breed of poacher are counter inteligent

• Like 2