Religion/god Given Rights..

Tell me, where are these god given rights? Where can I find them? It's a figure of speach, nothing more.

The government still technically just represents the Crown (apparently),and the queen is gods messenger on earth.

so any rights the queen gives us (via the government) are not in fact given by the queen just passed on by yahweh.

So if you're a christian in this country you could well believe our rights are given to us by the Hebrew god of war,by way of a posh old woman.

But the Monarchy is a product of our society, we Man created society and everything under it. You take away God and organised religion do you really believe we would not have kings, queens, monarchys, totalitarian states? At a time when all men feared God it's quite a clever move to say that your leader is chosen by God, no longer does the boss man have to be the fella with the biggest muscles.

Simply, our rights have been earnt through the evolution of society, not gifted to us by a devine power.

This is an insane argument, you either believe or you don't.

• Like 1

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Religion was invented by very clever people, to further their own aims and to keep the common people in shackles, and discourage free thinking, all the main patriarch based religions are the best fair

One thing is fact when all looks lost and you have a millisecond to contemplate your life it's not god you think about or cry out for think about redemption from ... What enters your head for that bri

Growing up we was told theres 2 things a man doesnt have to justify......his faith or his football team ............for me only a complete ignoramus would mock another mans beliefs and ask him to jus

Posted Images

Serious question to all the guys who believe in god. Honestly, hand on heart, do you believe there is a guy up in the clouds looking down on us right now? Seriously, I would like to know and I promise I won't laugh.

Serious question to all the guys who believe in god. Honestly, hand on heart, do you believe there is a guy up in the clouds looking down on us right now? Seriously, I would like to know and I promise I won't laugh.

i spoke to the man in the moon last night, he told me that the rumour he was made of cheese was just gossip spread by god to discredit him

“Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness.”
Karl Marx

Flowers to hide the chains of oppression - miserable life? hungry? poor? - don't worry, you'll get your true reward when you're dead ! What a dismal belief !

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 2

i spoke to the man in the moon last night, he told me that the rumour he was made of cheese was just gossip spread by god to discredit him

Lol mate, I'd love to know if folk do believe that. They dismiss Noah and his ark as just stories etc. do they dismiss there is some bloke looking down also :hmm: and if so, they are like me and think its a load of shite :D

Tell me, where are these god given rights? Where can I find them? It's a figure of speach, nothing more.

The government still technically just represents the Crown (apparently),and the queen is gods messenger on earth.

so any rights the queen gives us (via the government) are not in fact given by the queen just passed on by yahweh.

So if you're a christian in this country you could well believe our rights are given to us by the Hebrew god of war,by way of a posh old woman.

But the Monarchy is a product of our society, we Man created society and everything under it. You take away God and organised religion do you really believe we would not have kings, queens, monarchys, totalitarian states? At a time when all men feared God it's quite a clever move to say that your leader is chosen by God, no longer does the boss man have to be the fella with the biggest muscles.

Simply, our rights have been earnt through the evolution of society, not gifted to us by a devine power.

This is an insane argument, you either believe or you don't.

Not saying there are god given rights,but I think thats how they would have worked in the minds of our indoctrinated ancestors.

If you believe in god given rights,it seems logical you would also believe the queen is an instrument of god and her government is what she uses to impose gods will.

religion is the alcohol of the weak minded

Just like Karl Marx, your wrong.

Religion was invented by very clever people, to further their own aims and to keep the common people in shackles, and discourage free thinking, all the main patriarch based religions are the best fairy stories ever told, albeit very clever ones, they have been the cause of more death and suffering than anything in history, the spanish inquisition for instance makes the crimes of the Nazis look like a naughty schoolboy prank in comparison, religion breeds fanaticism, it is as plain as the nose on your face, but still the sheep follow.

Hmmm you have no idea what you are talking about. But thats OK. The inquisition was hard on people who were percieved as Heritics. This is a historical fact. Sadly the techniques used then were the same as were used on criminals. Comparing them to the Nazi's makes it sound like you are just spewing some pre-fab Rhetoric. Kind of like the guys over here who listen to talk radio.

ATB

Really? Well that is just the kind of reply I would have expected from a christian :thumbs: so, oh enlightened one, please tell me just what it is I dont have any idea about? Or is it perhaps that you take issue with my obvious dislike of a "religion" that is a made up tale, written down in a book by MEN not some divine being, but MEN. And please try to deny that it has not being the cause of mass suffering, death, and destruction for centuries, lets look at a little thing called the crusades perhaps, another jolly in the name of the one who died for our sins, I could go on , but I will allow you a little more rope to hang yourself with first :D over to you, follower of the dessert religion.

• Like 2

Baw LOL, I think individual faith and religion is a little more complex than that. :laugh::thumbs:

:laugh: not really mate, it's an easy enough question, do you believe in god, yes or no? If yes, do you really believe a guys floating in the sky looking down right now? Yes :laugh:

• Like 1

It's a pity in today's UK society that to have a Christian faith is almost a recipe to make you some kind of social pariah. I read many peoples opinions on here that to belive in a god that you must be somehow a bit of a werido or maybe even a bit of a fool yet how many people praise the likes of Winston Churchill, was he a bit of a fool? or any less of a person? He had religious beliefs as do many famous and historically influential people.

I say don't be too quick to judge a person by their beliefs, not everyone thinks god is sat on a cloud with a white beard.

Just maybe if more people supported the religion of this land that our ancestors over the last 1000 years had bestowed upon us then we would not be facing 100's Mosques being built in towns all over the UK. Just a thought..

I think you mean had forced on us mate, not bestowed, Christianity came like a plague with st Augustine in 597 ad, and we have been worse off for it ever since, dont judge a person too quickly by their beliefs eh :hmm: and then in the next breath you complain about mosques, prey tell why?

Fairy stories for the weak minded.....gives them something to hope for....

Get a grip, this is it, nothing else, born, work hard, die - make the most of it while you are here, it's a one shot deal folks!!

• Like 2

for some though the belief has helped them,and given them comfort in troubled times.helped to put people on the straight and narrow.made them a better person.

bereaved parents etc obviously get some comfort and peace. i dont believe in it,but as long as long as they aint causing murder and mayhem and annoying me with it.then crack on.like i said the bible is the basis of there belief,and know its a lot of shite,so therefore very hard for me to buy into. btw its not just the bible its everything really.it can all be explained with credible believable evidence.dinasaurs,age of the planet,all disputed by the god squad

• Like 1

Baw LOL, I think individual faith and religion is a little more complex than that. :laugh::thumbs:

:laugh: not really mate, it's an easy enough question, do you believe in god, yes or no? If yes, do you really believe a guys floating in the sky looking down right now? Yes :laugh:

But if the answer to that is no it doesn't mean they don't have their own faith and interpretation of religion does it. That was my point. :thumbs:

It's a very personal thing, I don't believe religion is bad..... and faith is perfectly natural. If people want to follow a religion and they are a better person for it then fair play to them. I just think you have oversimplified it all.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1