Religion/god Given Rights..

religion is the alcohol of the weak minded

Just like Karl Marx, your wrong.

Religion was invented by very clever people, to further their own aims and to keep the common people in shackles, and discourage free thinking, all the main patriarch based religions are the best fairy stories ever told, albeit very clever ones, they have been the cause of more death and suffering than anything in history, the spanish inquisition for instance makes the crimes of the Nazis look like a naughty schoolboy prank in comparison, religion breeds fanaticism, it is as plain as the nose on your face, but still the sheep follow.

• Like 11

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Religion was invented by very clever people, to further their own aims and to keep the common people in shackles, and discourage free thinking, all the main patriarch based religions are the best fair

One thing is fact when all looks lost and you have a millisecond to contemplate your life it's not god you think about or cry out for think about redemption from ... What enters your head for that bri

Growing up we was told theres 2 things a man doesnt have to justify......his faith or his football team ............for me only a complete ignoramus would mock another mans beliefs and ask him to jus

Posted Images

Religion was invented by very clever people, to further their own aims and to keep the common people in shackles, and discourage free thinking, all the main patriarch based religions are the best fairy stories ever told, albeit very clever ones, they have been the cause of more death and suffering than anything in history, the spanish inquisition for instance makes the crimes of the Nazis look like a naughty schoolboy prank in comparison, religion breeds fanaticism, it is as plain as the nose on your face, but still the sheep follow.

Belief and religion are two separate things. Once those clever people you mention realised people could be manipulated and controlled by their beliefs en masse, that's when religion was born.. :thumbs:

then answer me this, if your born in a Jewish country then theres every likelihood you will like your parents and grandparents before you become a Jew,

if you were born in a Muslim country again theres a ninety nine point nine percent chance you will become a Muslim,

religion is mainly determined by geographical location and parents not by choice, is that not itself control of a weak mind or the brainwashing of a young mind ?

Beliefs are typically handed down much like teaching the stove is hot. It's the natural thing for loving parents to do. If you look at all of the Muslim countries we see in the news today. They generally have a small Christian minority. Who even though they are terrorized daily. Still choose to remain faithful to their beliefs.

Here in the States, where most religions are represented to some extent. People swap faiths on a regular basis. In my parish we have converts every year. As some join others drift away. Hopefully they find what ever they are looking for.

You do get to choose Paulus.

ATB

Hmmm you have no idea what you are talking about. But thats OK. The inquisition was hard on people who were percieved as Heritics. This is a historical fact. Sadly the techniques used then were the same as were used on criminals. Comparing them to the Nazi's makes it sound like you are just spewing some pre-fab Rhetoric. Kind of like the guys over here who listen to talk radio.

ATB

• Like 1

then answer me this, if your born in a Jewish country then theres every likelihood you will like your parents and grandparents before you become a Jew,

if you were born in a Muslim country again theres a ninety nine point nine percent chance you will become a Muslim,

religion is mainly determined by geographical location and parents not by choice, is that not itself control of a weak mind or the brainwashing of a young mind ?

Beliefs are typically handed down much like teaching the stove is hot. It's the natural thing for loving parents to do. If you look at all of the Muslim countries we see in the news today. They generally have a small Christian minority. Who even though they are terrorized daily. Still choose to remain faithful to their beliefs.

Here in the States, where most religions are represented to some extent. People swap faiths on a regular basis. In my parish we have converts every year. As some join others drift away. Hopefully they find what ever they are looking for.

ATB

i do believe the Muslim religion has some texts that may try to deter anyone from turning to another faith, neither of my kids have been baptised a decision i took as it would be hypocritical for me to have done so, if they choose to embrace religion then that's their choice to make not mine or indeed anybody else's, the trouble with religion is. its far too religious!

Remember this, No god = No god given right's. Only privileges granted by the state.

Oh well, in that case I had better find my bible! :blink:

I have no god given anything, only what I earn and fight for. :thumbs:

Well considering its what our entire judicial system is based on, I would say you do have god given rights, hmmm :hmm:

Remember this, No god = No god given right's. Only privileges granted by the state.

Well considering its what our entire judicial system is based on, I would say you do have god given rights, hmmm :hmm:

That's purely historical. Our judicial system is based on the subjective sense of right and wrong and a good dose of logic. The bible forbids homosexuality and yet our judicial system allows for it.

We don't have god given rights, we have the rights we have fought for and earnt.

ATB

i do believe the Muslim religion has some texts that may try to deter anyone from turning to another faith, neither of my kids have been baptised a decision i took as it would be hypocritical for me to have done so, if they choose to embrace religion then that's their choice to make not mine or indeed anybody else's, the trouble with religion is. its far too religious!

Same here paulus,, neither of mine have been christened ,,, neither was I ,,, although both my elder sisters were..

ATB

Same here paulus,, neither of mine have been christened ,,, neither was I ,,, although both my elder sisters were..

i was but then again back then it was just what was expected of parents and my argument turns full circle :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's purely historical. Our judicial system is based on the subjective sense of right and wrong and a good dose of logic. The bible forbids homosexuality and yet our judicial system allows for it.

We don't have god given rights, we have the rights we have fought for and earnt.

Of course it's historical, that's the whole point. Who does the queen swear to, during the coronation oath ? God. Who do judges, the police and just about everyone who swears an oath of office swear to ? The queen.

Common law = the law of the land = god's law.

Who do you swear to when giving evidence in court ?

Allegiance to god is what the nation was founded on and without it, things will change a whole lot, for the worse.

You don't have to be a religious zealot to realise that.

Edited by Dosser
  • Like 2

Of course it's historical, that's the whole point. Who does the queen swear to, during the coronation oath ? God. Who do judges, the police and just about everyone who swears an oath of office swear to ? The queen.

Common law = the law of the land = god's law.

Who do you swear to when giving evidence in court ?

Allegiance to god is what the nation was founded on and without it, things will change a whole lot, for the worse.

You don't have to be a religious zealot to realise that.

I don't believe that for a minute, the only reason we swear to god is historical, the actual act of doing so is legally binding. It eminates from a time when all men feared god, these days however all men do not fear god as the ultimate law of mankind so the same comment is basically a legally binding oath. The judicial system being law and not god. There are NO god given rights, all the rights we have have been fought for by our ancestors.

• Like 3