No Longer A Virgin!

A fresh morning awaiting the arrival of my transport to the countryside to watch the sun rise and the morning dew begin to rise of the lush green fields. Upon arrival at our destination I sit with eager anticipation of my first time.

As we enter the gateway and scan around we notice we are not alone for some 150-200yds in front of us are 3 inquisitive faces starring right back. Stopped in our tracks eyeball to eyeball like a standoff In a western who will make the first move......The rifle was stealthily shouldered, the safety 'click' off, then 'Crack'as the sound reverberated around me as the Roe deer dropped instantly where it stood...... and that was it I witnessed my first deer kill and my stalking virginity was gone. We continued over the permission for a further 2 hours and sighted a further 10 deer on our travels taking the total to 13 for 2.5hrs hunting on a glorious sun filled morning...... After been shown how to perform the gralloch it was time to return home for a late breakfast.

Well if this is the life of THE STALKER he's a lucky man and let's hope i get more invites to continue my education.

Many thanks pal you were good hope we can do it again sometime. Lol

• Like 3

Owen , just cant get to them , they are stuck down in the woodland & don't seem to want to come out . Had three of us in seats Friday & got nothing .Their seems an abundance of food still on the ground ,the fields are like swamps, & its been blowing a gale ! The big herds I normally see just haven't happened , their seems to be loads of small groups 5 to 10 animals but they are staying under the tree line till after dark .At the moment I am 25 behind where I was at the same time last year .. got three of us out later , hopefully I can pull a couple back .. ....................ps I might need to borrow your lucky apprentice :laugh:

A fresh morning awaiting the arrival of my transport to the countryside to watch the sun rise and the morning dew begin to rise of the lush green fields. Upon arrival at our destination I sit with eager anticipation of my first time.

As we enter the gateway and scan around we notice we are not alone for some 150-200yds in front of us are 3 inquisitive faces starring right back. Stopped in our tracks eyeball to eyeball like a standoff In a western who will make the first move......The rifle was stealthily shouldered, the safety 'click' off, then 'Crack'as the sound reverberated around me as the Roe deer dropped instantly where it stood...... and that was it I witnessed my first deer kill and my stalking virginity was gone. We continued over the permission for a further 2 hours and sighted a further 10 deer on our travels taking the total to 13 for 2.5hrs hunting on a glorious sun filled morning...... After been shown how to perform the gralloch it was time to return home for a late breakfast.

Well if this is the life of THE STALKER he's a lucky man and let's hope i get more invites to continue my education.

Many thanks pal you were good hope we can do it again sometime. Lol

i am a dog man through and through mate but i had the opertunity to go for a deer stalk and thought what the hell i will go for a look and see what its all about. the lad who took me had been pointing out distances to me in the past explaining many times that if there was a deer stood over by so and so i could kill it from here and always thought yeah right.

well we managed to find a herd of fallow stags. they were stood a couple of hundred yards away. anyway he takes the shot and one drops and the others run alittle then stand a stare. they soon fecked of with me jumping up and down shouting you hit one you hit one lol.

when we was walking to the deer and i was saying the noise sounded like when i shot a rabbit in the guts so i was adamant he shot it in the stomach(my lack of experience) he said that wasnt right and that he had actually shot just behind the ear and had head shot it.(again i thought yeah right not bloody likely at that distance)

and feck me he had shot it exactly where he said i was shakeing with excitment what a fecking buzz and i never even shot the thing. its a trip out i dont think i will ever forget i couldnt believe it. i was amazed with how accurate riffles are.

You could always borrow the Howa lol :laugh:

:huh:..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whats so funny Rich!! i was just thinking you could have taken my Howa into the woods gave it a rattle or 2 and scared the Fallow back out into the Fields, never mind don't say i never offered.

I wasn't thinking on my feet , that could be the way forward Owen ..managed to weed out a couple this morning though .. :thumbs: