Ferrets Not Getting Along

Could I castrate just the one thats giving problems , because im hoping to use the silver on a jill in the future

You could but if you keep them together the complete one will just bum the castrated one

Aye if you castrate one and the others complete it will still get the urges when it's testes drop and it comes into season so it will bum the castrated one so either you get both done or separate them during the breeding season . BPR on here had three castrated hobs living together and I don't think he had any problems so that would be the way to go

Yeah castration should do the trick. I used to have a castrated hob that still did it, but that's not common, maybe the vet missed a bit lol. If you want to keep the hob intact you could get him implanted, double check me on this but I'm sure the implant has all the same effects as castration but is temporary, lasts a year or two I think. Can be pricy though unless you shop around.

Its up to you at this time of year there no out to kill each other when there in season they might no try to kill each other but they will bum each other more so if they can see or smell jills in season , Mine live together but the minute the days start to lengthen there in separate hutches and are stuck in there isolation cubes till they and the jills are out of season , but a lot of guys dont want there garden filled with hutches . For me i would of gone with two jills one snipped hob and one hutch all year round

It's a bit early for them coming into season unless you had a light on in the stable , you can check if there testes have dropped there in or coming into season and they will stay in till the days start getting shorter again

Yes thats very true ,Id forgotten that happens ,I find if the hob is "fixed" really early in their lives ,they only grow only a 3/4 winter coat and only get 3/4 the size of a nomal sized hob,anyone else found this ?

I was glad I did mine different animal now very laid back and playful and stays with the two jills all the time so I don't have to worry. On the the down side he has turned into a nice little worker the same as the jill I had spayed and further down the line they would have been a good pair to breed from in hind site when they need replacing.

But I do still have one whole jill who is also a good worker so all is not lost there