Ferrets Not Getting Along

Hi chaps , I recently got a new ferret . His 8 months old and is a hell of a lot bigger than my 6 month old silver hob.

I introduced them to each other in a stable on the farm where neither have been before and they were perfect with eachother. They didnt attempt to fight.

Put them in their hutch and they were fine , they slept together etc.

This week ive noticed that the silver hob has some biting marks on the back of his neck and last night I walked past their hutch and all I could hear was squealing. The new polecat hob was on top of the silver just grabbing his neck and just stayed there and wouldnt let go . So I separated them and sprayed antiseptic spray on his neck and then he left him alone . But the same happened today .

I watched him for about 10minutes this morning knoring and the silver neck hoping he'd let go but nothing. The silver doesnt attempt to fight back .

So my question is what can I do to stop this ????

Thats indeed whats happening ,they are raping each other for a better term,mostly happens during the breeding season .I have seen this alot ,you really have two choices either they live apart or you get them both "fixed".Last last pair of Hobs that were doing this to each other now live happly together 4 stone lighter lol .

It's a bit early for them coming into season unless you had a light on in the stable , you can check if there testes have dropped there in or coming into season and they will stay in till the days start getting shorter again

It's a bit early for them coming into season unless you had a light on in the stable , you can check if there testes have dropped there in or coming into season and they will stay in till the days start getting shorter again

It is early but both my hobs came in early last year and this year one of them earlier still. I seem to remember a few people on here saying their hobs were coming into season early last year.