dirtwinger

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some more action shots Nice action series first pic  

Been a while since I was on here thought I would put up a few pics form the last couple of seasons. My prairie I flew last year chasing a hare with my lurcher Prairie on hare My lurcher cours

more pics Hare with throat cut by hit from prairie My prairie with my saluki The team after a successful hunt

Interesting stuff .

How do you enter prairie to hare ?

Iv flown a large female saker and a gyr saker at hares and had very little luck .

It never crossed my mind to use a prairie (which is s great idea with all the heart and aggression they have)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting stuff .

How do you enter prairie to hare ?

Iv flown a large female saker and a gyr saker at hares and had very little luck .

It never crossed my mind to use a prairie (which is s great idea with all the heart and aggression they have)

She was a rehab bird came to me with bad bumblefoot and all her primaries smashed to bits took me a year and a half to get her flying, all told she sat around and did nothing for over two years. However first time I flew her free she chased a hare that got up for a 1/4 mile before she gave up exhausted from lack of fitness.As soon as she got fit she started killing them often with headshots in less than 200yds off the fist. She was released back to the wild after a short season from Jan to March and killed 48 hares in that time she was a pretty badass falcon and I would have kept her if I had been allowed.

prairiefubar002.jpg

What she looked like when I got her

fubarspook0522_zps1080544a.jpg

About to hit a hare

• Like 8
  • 2 months later...

Exscuse my complete ignorance of your sport mate but what does the long dog bring to the table in that combo.Over here they are or were used seperate to secure a hare .Seems a bit unsporting to me but id like some clarification before making up my mind fully.

• 11 months later...