Sign in to follow this  
jandcguns

Newton Rigg Collage, Cumbria

hi, i am only a year 10 but am soon preparing for collage only about 1 and a half years to go and hear lots of good things about newton rigg so im hopeing to go there to gamekeeping or possibly farming just wondered if anyones been or is still there what they think off it thanks,jack

hi, i am only a year 10 but am soon preparing for collage only about 1 and a half years to go and hear lots of good things about newton rigg so im hopeing to go there to gamekeeping or possibly farming just wondered if anyones been or is still there what they think off it thanks,jack

been their on keepering..a lot of the better lecturers have moved on but by all means its still one of the best :thumbs: well worth a look

• Like 1

I went to Newton Rigg but doing animal management. We are talking 7 years ago so might have changed but I really enjoyed it. The lecturers are knowledgeable and the college owns plenty of good land too. From what I know talking to game keeping students you can keep your dogs and ferrets on campus, for any spare time you have. There's not much going on in the nearest town mind so if you enjoy partying on a weekend don't expect too much!