Looking For Permissions To Shoot Rabbits,crows And Pigeons In North Devon

I take your point lads, I really do, but to come on a hunting site, make a couple of posts, then ask people to give them some permission is just downright cheeky, you even get the greedy ones, who already have land, and want to freeload on other peoples, if they would only offer something in return, even if its only transport or a bit of work, and ask to be taken out rather than expecting people to give them permission, they would get a much better welcome, after all this is a hunting site, and lots of lads on here have no land and all want some, maybe there should be a block on members coming on to this section asking for shooting ect, until they have made 50 posts or so :hmm:

this i do agree with its its how its said most times instead of saying try nocking on doors mate and asking farmers or whoever its or like were just gunna fcuking give you permision fcuk off get out and find it you lazy cnut you no what i mean mate

Again point taken, but I think it happens so often on here that people get fed up of saying it and offering advice, that it just turns to ridicule, the problem is, some of these lads will be genuine, but some are just that lazy cnuts, and deserve the piss being ripped.

is this not hunting offers the lads asked if there is any that simple may of just started n doesnt no any different looking for an helping hand then on jump the dick brigade n jump all over them n to answer your question daz they probly only last a few posts because they think this site is full of arseholes who pounce on genuine offers

Andy,

I came on here 6-7 months ago, I READ others posts, I SAW the abuse people were putting on, AND I took NOTE of the advice given. i.e. INTRODUCE your self, say hi, tell people what you are shooting with where you live etc etc. Not just come on, don't bother to ready anything and open up with "Alright, can I come shoot on your land?"....

I agree, why have a wanted/offered page if people can't come on and say "hey, my name is "X", I live...I shoot a...I'd love a night out if someone would be good enough..."

But they don't

Despite everything, all the advice and the piss taking, they STILL come on "Free vermin control....."

Oh lord.

And I DO NOT abuse them, I have made one comment, that those who do not read, those who do not heed advice, tend to send 3 emails and vanish....imagine that? The kind of bloke you would invite to your permission?

Heyho, we all have our own ideals eh?

• Like 1

I am convinced that a number of individuals join the site merely to see what they can get for nothing, and that is why they dont last more than 3 posts, they have no genuine interest in the site, and just use it in an attempt to gain some shooting, from kind hearted people, whos land they would probably try and get for themselves :hmm:

• Like 1

I don't believe there's any malice in it. It might be annoying to "old hands" who have seen hundreds of these posts, but obviously newbies haven't. If they knew how much knocking/grovelling etc. was involved in securing a bit of permission, they wouldn't ask.

Everyone had to learn somewhere. Did you know how hard it was to get permission before you tried?

I take your point lads, I really do, but to come on a hunting site, make a couple of posts, then ask people to give them some permission is just downright cheeky, you even get the greedy ones, who already have land, and want to freeload on other peoples, if they would only offer something in return, even if its only transport or a bit of work, and ask to be taken out rather than expecting people to give them permission, they would get a much better welcome, after all this is a hunting site, and lots of lads on here have no land and all want some, maybe there should be a block on members coming on to this section asking for shooting ect, until they have made 50 posts or so :hmm:

defo agree with you cc although i think some have been a bit harsh but then ive only been on here a short while myself but have seen this pop up on several other forums with constant rows hence why i created a topic newbies to newbies but as you say it is cheeky although i dont think some peeps realise there doing it! after getting stuck in on here they will soon realise the error of there ways, i havnt and wouldnt ask for free shooting but have had a couple of people get in contact with to take me out with them just asking to tag along so NEWBIES READ AND LISTEN, oh yea i also found using an old boxing glove keeps your hand from getting sore just hide it behind ya back when they answer

• Like 1

Oh sod it go on then sign me up I'll have a bit of the bee shooting with a 50 cal,

ill have to borrow yours tho mate mines in shop having open sights welded on couldn't get on with scopes gunsmith said you have to take the caps off but what does he know ay