Thl Fishing Comp 2014

Now, I wasn't there last time. . . . . but I have a funny feeling I'm going to get roped into organising this one!

Just my tuppence worth, but I think a river, fishing for wild fish, is a bit more in keeping with the whole ethos of the hunting life, also it makes a much more scenic setting.

The issue is getting a river, with camping, and a near by drinking establishment. . . . that'd be happy being invaded mid summer by a load of folk, as it looks like this one might be a big un.

Also it's looking more like the THL charity camping trip and boxing match (socks vs aaron etc), than the THL fishing match.

And I'd say that HM's kid is welcome, from what I've heard, he's more of a man than half on here :laugh:

P.S I might not fish, and just be the independent adjudicator :laugh:

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a message off Make A Wish Foundation UK about the match, so I'll get the write up and a few pics done up for there facebook page and the main Make A Wish website. 09:06 Make-A-Wish F

That Jim is turning my kids Scottish, Arya looking braw in her wee dress off Uncle Jim.

Last years comp was much more than fishing in the end, it turned into a good social event aswell and that is what I want to try and achieve. The job stewie did for the last one was second to none and

Posted Images

To the lads that dont like fishing I turned up with a rucksack with a change of clothes 6 cans of coke and got lent a rod by bobby who set it up for me aswell I lie on the back all day with a hangover over and still won the comp its all luck lads bit of fun

• Like 6

:laugh: That's cos you are a jammy git!

I think I've got a plan bat man. We could fish that piece of river where we go near my girlfriends, and probably camp there to Ow, or on that farm nearby? You know where I mean.

It's got specimen barbell apparently.

I cant forsee where i will be in august....

I cant tell you what ill be doing next week! ...

If i can go... ill hitch a lift with RM...

No fishing... cant even fecking drink much ffs :laugh: ...

But ill try and be there for a good cause :thumbs: ....

Your my designated driver baldrick..........

Fancy a go but I fecking hate river fishing LOL. Lake fishing, camping, drinking, craic will do it for me. August 19th ish sounds good :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

19th is bad bad bad for me. A: It's a Tuesday and B: It's my silver wedding anniversary. :laugh:

Fancy a go but I fecking hate river fishing LOL. Lake fishing, camping, drinking, craic will do it for me. August 19th ish sounds good :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

19th is bad bad bad for me. A: It's a Tuesday and B: It's my silver wedding anniversary. :laugh:

you've had 24 others,man the fook up :laugh::laugh:

Now, I wasn't there last time. . . . . but I have a funny feeling I'm going to get roped into organising this one!

Just my tuppence worth, but I think a river, fishing for wild fish, is a bit more in keeping with the whole ethos of the hunting life, also it makes a much more scenic setting.

The issue is getting a river, with camping, and a near by drinking establishment. . . . that'd be happy being invaded mid summer by a load of folk, as it looks like this one might be a big un.

Also it's looking more like the THL charity camping trip and boxing match (socks vs aaron etc), than the THL fishing match.

And I'd say that HM's kid is welcome, from what I've heard, he's more of a man than half on here :laugh:

Has John gone slopy shouldered mate and passéd the buck lol....

If you can get us on the Wye great, that's the whole original idea, some camping around the river too would be great...

As we found last year Jai, the lads that went made the event what it was, and as owain said its a bit of luck and a good Craic, Ffs he's got nearly £200's worth of rod to fish with this year..

If you can get us on the Wye great, that's the whole original idea, some camping around the river too would be great...

As we found last year Jai, the lads that went made the event what it was, and as owain said its a bit of luck and a good Craic, Ffs he's got nearly £200's worth of rod to fish with this year..

Hahahaha...........We are the dynamic duo mun Kev, Jai's chairman of the organising committee and he's a bit "posh" so it helps when he talks to people. :D

• Like 2

It shows how mad fishing is. Guys who if you read the fishing threads you'd think were sick of eating fish. But up strolls someone who's never fished, had to get someone to set the rod up and he wins the competition :laugh: it makes the sport of fishing so appealing in my eyes, as long as you've got bait in the water, you've as much chance as anyone :thumbs:

• Like 1

To the lads that dont like fishing I turned up with a rucksack with a change of clothes 6 cans of coke and got lent a rod by bobby who set it up for me aswell I lie on the back all day with a hangover over and still won the comp its all luck lads bit of fun

you forgot to mention your hugg boots and slippers ;)

Hahahaha...........We are the dynamic duo mun Kev, Jai's chairman of the organising committee and he's a bit "posh" so it helps when he talks to people. :D

The dynamic duo eh... Like batman and robin.. Lol

It'll be good whatever, we'll have a fish, a few beers and hog roast perfect...

The dynamic duo eh... Like batman and robin.. Lol

It'll be good whatever, we'll have a fish, a few beers and hog roast perfect...

by the sound of it you`ll need 2 bags this year ..