Sign in to follow this  
Julie Cotton

Canon Eos 1100D Advice

yeah ta im starting to save up so i can get a few little extra goodies and at the end of the month i am going to order a tripod off of ebay. and ta i will remember that :)

lidl have some good ones for 12 quid at times

I wouldn't waste money on a tripod, leave them to the wedding photographers ;) learn to hold the camera right or if you need to get anything, get a monopod, more practical in the field. In low light I like to do panning so a tripod is no use to me. Zoom lenses are good but like everything they have a pay off, less light being the obvious one. Depth of Field less obvious. A lot of photos look out of focus because of this. Some lenses, full zoom, aperture at its highest value (F2.8) taking a head shot of a dog, it's nose could be in focus but its eyes out, the DOF is that small. If you master apertures and DOF, photography becomes a lot easier ;)

Paulus can you help ?

I've been playing with the camera and all the setting just to learn what they do etc I've taken loads of photos in RAW but when I try to view them on the laptop they won't view as there in a CR2 file format how can I change them to a JPEG type file ? As all my other photos are JPEG ....I've now changed the camera back to JPEG

Paulus can you help ?

I've been playing with the camera and all the setting just to learn what they do etc I've taken loads of photos in RAW but when I try to view them on the laptop they won't view as there in a CR2 file format how can I change them to a JPEG type file ? As all my other photos are JPEG ....I've now changed the camera back to JPEG

use a converter like this one theres loads free available online http://www.cr2converter.com/