Are Stolen Dogs Ever Recovered ?

Yes,- my mate had his stolen. Got it back from 250 miles away. Worked hard letting everyone know,- rescues, dog wardens etc. They had tried to work the dog, but it was a one man dog and wouldn't go back to them. It was found and handed to a dog warden, who had heard of it.

My own pup 6months old, was missing for a week, but with plenty of posters out and lots of leg-work we got him back.

I'd ALWAYS get the dog micro-chipped, and ear tattooed. Its the dogs only way of saying where its from.

That's a good point you've made Gin about your friends dog being a one man dog.

Unfortunately some dogs get passed around from messer to messer so often that the poor animal doesn't know who his owner is. When the lowlifes then jump your wall the dog will go with them with no resistance.

If, however, the dog has only ever been handled by one person it would be harder to take. I know in my case that my dogs would take the hand off a stranger who grabbed them.

In a lot of cases of dog theft the thief has already been on your yard so think about the company you keep.

Also, as long as there's a demand in second hand dogs there'll be a demand for stolen, no questions asked, dogs.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes dogs are found and returned the main thing is to let the sites work for you the more folk looking out for the dog the better i lost a dog only last week some tit walked off with the dog 28hrs late

Yes,- my mate had his stolen. Got it back from 250 miles away. Worked hard letting everyone know,- rescues, dog wardens etc. They had tried to work the dog, but it was a one man dog and wouldn't go ba

Chips matter most. The name on that chip can not be changed. The owner has to inform of change of ownership. As for ears coming off,- hardly likely if its lost. Helps stop some stealing the dog or ke

Last year i got a phone call from the dog tattoo register. A dog i had homed 4yrs prior had been found on the fens. So yes tattooing does work. And yes he still had both ears :rolleyes:

Having them tattooed and chipped means there are 2 extra chances of getting my dogs back. Got to be better then relying on luck :thumbs:

My own pup 6months old, was missing for a week, but with plenty of posters out and lots of leg-work we got him back.

I'd ALWAYS get the dog micro-chipped, and ear tattooed. Its the dogs only way of saying where its from.

Same here mine got stolen from its kennel at 3 months. Luckily he was microchiped and got him back a week later . The thing to do is inform everyone, wouldn't bother with the police they couldn't give a sh#t. Also dog lost are very good. Ask in local pubs, knock on doors etc. Good luck to anyone who has had there dogs taken by the scum that walks this earth

all track dogs have to be chipped they are scaned before every race quite a few chipps had moved some had vanished some had migrated they were finding them in lower leg they say its down to not having lot of body fat so if they just scan neck area nothing their it don't mean dogs not chipped

as for chips moving my vet told me this when mine was done and said if found they scan the whole body not just the neck

dogs are stolen for many reasons.for sale on.breeding then release.a few nights lamping etc etc hopefully once its let go someone will hand it in.after reading about a well known dog on thl,then suddenly its stolen :hmm: well its obvious we got a thief on here gospel.

Chips matter most. The name on that chip can not be changed. The owner has to inform of change of ownership.

As for ears coming off,- hardly likely if its lost. Helps stop some stealing the dog or keeping it, if its tattooed as they can't work it, and have it identified,- recognised.

not always the case .i had youngsters chipped before gifting it to a mate .he got ownership changed to his name and i was never contacted ever

• Like 1