Adjusting Magnification

I have a question regarding magnification. Does adjusting the mag alter or move poi? Reason I ask is when I zeroed my scope on x9 I them powered it right up to view target and after fireing to check again it was off.

Only reason for asking is I have an MTC genesis on my HMR and noticed the same thing.

I put mine down to possible poor optics but for what I use it for, I now just leave it on 10x mag and just use mil-dots. In future I think I will just go for a fixed mag scope.

Never had a Hawke scope but blackout can sometimes be if the scope is mounted too far forward or back on the rifle in relation to shooting position. May be worth having a play around with position before opting for a more expensive scope.

Hawke nite-eye. 3.5x10-50 it's seems to black out the reticule if I'm looking down the scope for to long as well. Shit optics????????

2.5-10x50?

Changing magnification should have no effect on POI, the target stays the same distance away so the bullet/pellet flight is the same, you just see a different sight pattern.

Some cheaper or faulty scopes may have an issue here, but there is nothing wrong with the Nite-Eye scope as such!