Road legal quad

i have owned a few 2 stroke off road bikes have tried honda kawasaki ktm yammah best bike i owned was a ktm sx 125 2003 model got rid of it about 2 years ago and it was awesome then sold it for a gasgas txt 270 trial bike and the power was unbelivable on it ive rode most of the 4 strokes ranging from yammah yz250 f to a ktm sx525 but not as much fun as the 2 strokes i prefered the 125 to a 250 as it was a bit much power for some one weighing in at 8 stone :laugh:

i know its nothing to do with road legal quads but wanted to add my pennys worth :icon_eek::pardon:

I know what you're saying Rio! I drool when I see some of them KTM's from 125's to 250's road legal :notworthy:. I have nothing against 4 strokes infact I really like them but I really like the Snap you get out of a 2 stroke upto a 250.

Yamaha do some called WR's, most of the models I have seen for sale are 4 stroke but I have seen a couple of 2 stroke models for sale on Ebay, they read well and look like cracking bikes.....

Cheers

Jasper

sold my trial bike back few months ago havent got time for it anymore may get another moto x bike in the summer as i havent got time during the winter but its a good thrill when you get back on one aftera few months off one :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
Nice one wink hound :clapper::clapper:.

Just out of Interest can anyone tell me if you can get 2 stroke quads? If I was sticking one on the road I would fancy one a bit more peaky than the 4 stroke.....

ya sure can get 2 strokes mate. in my family there are 5 quads. 4 of which are manual sports quads and 2 of them are 2 strokes. a Banshee and a Blaster (both yamaha). you may not beleive me but the Banshee tops about 155km/h. its unbelievable. its a 350twin cylinder 2 stroke (power band ofcourse). we use the quads for fox hunting, with shotty's mounted to the side. they are loads of fun.

here in australia you can legalise quads, but only for stock moving purposes. im not sure about the UK and etc. :victory:

here is a picture of the Banshee.

post-10548-1191818734_thumb.jpg

how do you mean peaky jasp?

if you mean quick, i would think you would find the average 450 through to 800 ish would be plenty good enough.

I know what you mean wink hound and you're right but with the 2 strokes you get a sharper band come in expecially at the bottom end. I have had a few 2 stroke crossers mainly Yamahas and a KTM and you could pop the fronts up in the air on these virtually in any gear, I know some of the Thumpers are the same but the power is delivered more Instant on a 2 stroke hence the name 2 stroke, the engines fireing sequence is every 2 strokes as to 4 with the 4 stroke, I just like the 2 strokes cause a good one can be pretty lively to say the least.

Cheers

Jasper

Jasp, there loads of 2 strokes, Yamaha used to make the mutts nutts, Blaster (200cc) and Banshee (350cc). Don't know if they have made any others since these , they did have a couple of others at the same time, but nothing compared to these two.

The Banshee is an absolute monster and I'm sure they were the quickest standard two stroke on the planet at one time. The Blaster, although aimed at the "youth" scene was very quick even as standard, the pic is me on a tuned one that was a serious bit of kit that eventually piled me into a concrete mixer :laugh: :laugh: , broken shoulder and a nice scar :whistling: , but what the hell :laugh: :laugh: ...............Al :boxing:

nice blaster mate. sure looks hotted up. quads are a lot of fun...... until you fall off one!!!! my uncle nearly died on his banshee. he hit a small irrigation ditch. YAMAHA ALL THE WAY :victory:

ya sure can get 2 strokes mate. in my family there are 5 quads. 4 of which are manual sports quads and 2 of them are 2 strokes. a Banshee and a Blaster (both yamaha). you may not beleive me but the Banshee tops about 155km/h. its unbelievable. its a 350twin cylinder 2 stroke (power band ofcourse). we use the quads for fox hunting, with shotty's mounted to the side. they are loads of fun.

here in australia you can legalise quads, but only for stock moving purposes. im not sure about the UK and etc. :victory:

here is a picture of the Banshee.

Nice one Holy Grail that Banshee looks and sounds a beast :clapper:. I must admit Yammy's always did it for me in the past, nice to see they still kick Arse :thumbs:...

Cheers

Jasper