Road legal quad

just swap it in for one of these

electric-mobility-rascal-large.jpg

fully road legal, cheap, basket for the terrier and you will still be faster than curtislj. youll look the f*****g dogs too 8)

on a serious note, i could tell you, its very easy, but your mate curt knows perfectly well himself so he can tell you.

wink :hmm:

just swap it in for one of these

electric-mobility-rascal-large.jpg

fully road legal, cheap, basket for the terrier and you will still be faster than curtislj. youll look the f*****g dogs too 8)

on a serious note, i could tell you, its very easy, but your mate curt knows perfectly well himself so he can tell you.

wink :hmm:

where can i put me mars bar and lucozade on that f*****g thing.your just being selfish.

stop pretending mouse, we all know you have one too, didnt have to pimp it up for this coming season though did you, f*****g show off!!...............................

horse-disabled-cart.jpg

:whistling:

how do you mean peaky jasp?

if you mean quick, i would think you would find the average 450 through to 800 ish would be plenty good enough.

I know what you mean wink hound and you're right but with the 2 strokes you get a sharper band come in expecially at the bottom end. I have had a few 2 stroke crossers mainly Yamahas and a KTM and you could pop the fronts up in the air on these virtually in any gear, I know some of the Thumpers are the same but the power is delivered more Instant on a 2 stroke hence the name 2 stroke, the engines fireing sequence is every 2 strokes as to 4 with the 4 stroke, I just like the 2 strokes cause a good one can be pretty lively to say the least.

Cheers

Jasper

Guest oldskool
Can anyone help? i wondered how easy it is to get my Honda 450 quad legal for the road as an agricultural vehicle?

we use 250 hondas for weed spraying where i work... i wont be able to get a pic up for you anytime soon but ours are fitted with road tyres and other than that its just indicators and break lights.. you know the sort you will find on the sides of wee car trailers and dog trailers etc... i dont think it costs alot of money to do... i'm back at work the week after the next so i will ask the mechanic what it takes :thumbs:

how do you mean peaky jasp?

if you mean quick, i would think you would find the average 450 through to 800 ish would be plenty good enough.

I know what you mean wink hound and you're right but with the 2 strokes you get a sharper band come in expecially at the bottom end. I have had a few 2 stroke crossers mainly Yamahas and a KTM and you could pop the fronts up in the air on these virtually in any gear, I know some of the Thumpers are the same but the power is delivered more Instant on a 2 stroke hence the name 2 stroke, the engines fireing sequence is every 2 strokes as to 4 with the 4 stroke, I just like the 2 strokes cause a good one can be pretty lively to say the least.

Cheers

Jasper

Jasp, there loads of 2 strokes, Yamaha used to make the mutts nutts, Blaster (200cc) and Banshee (350cc). Don't know if they have made any others since these , they did have a couple of others at the same time, but nothing compared to these two.

The Banshee is an absolute monster and I'm sure they were the quickest standard two stroke on the planet at one time. The Blaster, although aimed at the "youth" scene was very quick even as standard, the pic is me on a tuned one that was a serious bit of kit that eventually piled me into a concrete mixer :laugh: :laugh: , broken shoulder and a nice scar :whistling: , but what the hell :laugh: :laugh: ...............Al :boxing:

post-4503-1190371792.jpg

Can anyone help? i wondered how easy it is to get my Honda 450 quad legal for the road as an agricultural vehicle?

If it's new with a "certificate of newness" supplied by a dealer and is classed as Agri, all you'll need is insurance, cash for their reg. fee and petrol. It'll then be a tractor like this one :laugh: :laugh:

....................Al :drink:

post-4503-1190371988_thumb.jpg

post-4503-1190372000_thumb.jpg

Nice one Mad Al :notworthy::clapper:

I'm jealouse now mate after seeing them pic's!! I used to have a thing about 2 stroke bikes upto around 250cc. I nearley not so longt ago invested in a Yammy WR250 until I looked at it and it was a 4 stroke, I don'nt know about you Al but I love it on the 2 strokes when the Band bangs in and I'm leaning over the tank to keep the front wheel down :thumbs:.

I havn't had a bike on the road now for a while but some of the GasGas and Yammy's make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when I see them. when I was a lad I had a few from the old KDX 175 to the Yamaha DT175MX's, I just loved the yammy's though out of them all, it shocked me these days how collectable the old DT175 are now.....

Cheers

Jasper

Jasper, I recently sold my Gasser EC300 enduro bike. Awesome power buyt also easy to trail ride. Smooth 4 stroke torque for tootling along, evil power when you drop it a gear and tap the clutch. It truly was a backwheel beast when opened up. :laugh:

Gas gas also make a 2 stroke quad with the same engine in. Parts are cheap enough too for them. I paid £90 for a piston, rings and gasket set with a little end bearing for mine. Being a 300 the piston doesn't need changing as often as say a 125 or 200 as it doesn't get 'caned' as hard.

Nice one Mr Lee :thumbs:

I have been looking on Ebay as some of the GasGas 250's 2 stroke and they look and sound a handfull, I also like the KTM's but boy do they hold the prices :hmm:....

Cheers

Jasper

the 250 is an aweful bike. Rode one and did 4 laps on it before handing it back miffed by it. :thumbdown: If you happen to get a new gasser, then the best thing you can do is go round it and threadlock everything. They have habit of barely using any in Spain. :angry:

if you really want a beast, buy a KTM 200EXC. AWESOME FUN! Especially if you get a newer one with adjustable mapping. :thumbs: