Opinions Please

I have a cross Beddy,grey, i really like the bitch, if i can find the right dog i will breed her this year. Id like to add a little strength as she will put her all in to everything but at 18 kg she is a little light. thingy is in not sure to i put her to a bull grey or a coursing grey if i can find one. Probably a a silly question, but i wanna get it right. 3/4 beddy/ greys are reported on here as very capable, yours opinions will be very welcome

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't rule out a strong big coursing dog mate I don't mean a greyhound but a proper fen running courser, IMHO they are just doing what the old coursing greys done years ago,bred to catch hares. Will a

Just put a racey big lurcher that's doing it's job well

birds collie/grey bryn would my my choice...     but out of the bull/grey or grey i think id rather go for a nice 3/4 grey 1/4 bull instead of the grey , dont see the point in breeding back to grey

I have a cross Beddy,grey, i really like the bitch, if i can find the right dog i will breed her this year. Id like to add a little strength as she will put her all in to everything but at 18 kg she is a little light. thingy is in not sure to i put her to a bull grey or a coursing grey if i can find one. Probably a a silly question, but i wanna get it right. 3/4 beddy/ greys are reported on here as very capable, yours opinions will be very welcome

birds collie/grey bryn would my my choice...

but out of the bull/grey or grey i think id rather go for a nice 3/4 grey 1/4 bull instead of the grey , dont see the point in breeding back to grey when theres very capable lurchers out there that would add alot more than a grey would

• Like 6

i am going back more than 40 years here when rabbits and hares were around in great numbers and one of the best bitches i have ever owned was a beddy/grey x collie/grey, she levelled out at 25" had great feet good strong bones a terrific all weather coat and stamina to run all day at least 3 times a week,

this is only my opinion of a good cross and it worked out very well for me. i am sure there will be many varying crosses coming up in response to your post, happy new year.

• Like 5

Thanks fellas, the collie a hadn't really considered, and feet could be a prob back to a straight grey, wind also would be improved you'd think by the right bull or collie. Thanks again fellas, she's a crAcking animal and I wanna make sure I've asked all the right questions before looking for a stud.

Don't rule out a strong big coursing dog mate I don't mean a greyhound but a proper fen running courser, IMHO they are just doing what the old coursing greys done years ago,bred to catch hares. Will add height, speed wind and feet

• Like 8

Don't rule out a strong big coursing dog mate I don't mean a greyhound but a proper fen running courser, IMHO they are just doing what the old coursing greys done years ago,bred to catch hares. Will add height, speed wind and feet

god it must be a new year as im agreeing with you :laugh::laugh::laugh:

god it must be a new year as im agreeing with you :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let's start as we mean to go on lol

Not sure if it was Bigliks or Bigears that had pictures of a beddy cross put to coursing stock..

Dogs looked smashers and from what he said were multi purpose..

Depends what your after tho..

It might just be easier to buy a pup in :thumbs:

• Like 2