Mole Trapping For A Living

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would agree 100%....   I was once asked by a fellow offering Mole trapping 'courses',...   "What is your objection to us teaching, all and sundry, the 'art of mole catching'....do you want the anc

perthshire , i think you will find merrin is on with t duffus now, it took me years to persuade him to spend sum money and invest in traps that will pay for them selves many times over , he went from

Well,...speaking personally,...I used to trap large acreages of agricultural grassland, and although I enjoyed the work (and all the rabbiting/mouching rights, that often accompanied the job).....nowa

Posted Images

Indeed it can be good advertising. One of the best forms of advertising (apart from word of mouth) is having a sign written vehicle. I must have picked up around 2000 acres just through farmers seeing my vehicle on the field and them pulling into the gateways to get a card.

I'm lucky enough to do moles full time on a big shooting estate and love my job.And get to do most of the things the keepers do without any pressure so it's a win win for me last year I had 3500 moles and still catching.Happy new year all atb Jamie.

nice one lads thanks for the replys, now just out of interest for the pros i know you cant give me your prices but how do you guys charge do you guys charge per mole or do you do a set price per acre to keep that land clear from moles for the year?

thanks adam

nice one lads thanks for the replys, now just out of interest for the pros i know you cant give me your prices but how do you guys charge do you guys charge per mole or do you do a set price per acre to keep that land clear from moles for the year?

thanks adam

:hmm:Well,...speaking personally,...I used to trap large acreages of agricultural grassland, and although I enjoyed the work (and all the rabbiting/mouching rights, that often accompanied the job).....nowadays,.I prefer to treat large Country House garden lawns and nice tidy sheep farms,.. and sundry smallholdings..

As a Pest Controller, of several decades now,.I have found that it is favourite, to do less work, for more money,..as opposed to being, a rushed of me feet,.busy, busy,..fool.. :thumbs:

Obviously,.you have to find your own place in the industry, and geographically,..the remuneration for traditional mole trapping is incredibly varied...

All you can do, is the the best that you can,..for your own individual circumstances..

Whatever,...I still feel that mole trappers have consistently worked cheap,... I doubt there will be a noticeable change during my lifetime,..but hopefully in the future, things may change.... :victory:

• Like 4

thanks adam

:hmm:Well,...speaking personally,...I used to trap large acreages of agricultural grassland, and although I enjoyed the work (and all the rabbiting/mouching rights, that often accompanied the job).....nowadays,.I prefer to treat large Country House garden lawns and nice tidy sheep farms,.. and sundry smallholdings..

As a Pest Controller, of several decades now,.I have found that it is favourite, to do less work, for more money,..as opposed to being, a rushed of me feet,.busy, busy,..fool.. :thumbs:

Obviously,.you have to find your own place in the industry, and geographically,..the remuneration for traditional mole trapping is incredibly varied...

All you can do, is the the best that you can,..for your own individual circumstances..

Whatever,...I still feel that mole trappers have consistently worked cheap,... I doubt there will be a noticeable change during my lifetime,..but hopefully in the future, things may change.... :victory:

do you still find that farmers are still stuck in the " one pound a mole" world? it happens a lot up hear, they ask how much then i "say well its about £6 a mole" then with a great sucking of teeth they say "ahh old bill trouton used to catch them for a pound a mole" :blink: ive no doubt he did but that was in the bloody 70s!

• Like 3

self taught from not catching a mole for days to catching 2 out of 30 traps too kicking arse :laugh::laugh: like they say its easy once you know how but i would like to improve on a few things like clearing up mass infestations faster

It's all about trap placement on connecting runs with big infestations an understanding the way the runs work. It's ok trapping the edge of the field but if the moles are feeding and have a water supply thay will stay out.sometimes it's best to flood the field with traps and leave them in a bit longer.atb Jamie ( I'm not saying you can't catch)

• Like 2