Sign in to follow this  
Nots so bad lad

A Few Geese

well been to scotland on the pinks wish i had stayed at home semi tame geese well just like we could have done down here decoys lay on deck net over you sit up bang wish i had saved 350 quid stated at home no differant than here lads.20-30 geese 1.1/2 hours freezeing say no more about the next day no pictures uncle les said nooow

• Like 1

where were you shooting pinks Les ?

I find it strange you never took any pics Les as you like a pic or two .....and what was 20 or 30 geese in 1 1/2 hours ...??????????

Edited by MIK

Christ, it's turning into another Gnasher/Max thread is this one lol.

• Like 2

well been to scotland on the pinks wish i had stayed at home semi tame geese well just like we could have done down here decoys lay on deck net over you sit up bang wish i had saved 350 quid stated at home no differant than here lads.20-30 geese 1.1/2 hours freezeing say no more about the next day no pictures uncle les said nooow

Do you not think its possible your guide just knows how to decoy geese properly? & again it may be possible the reason the geese were so close you could have grabbed there legs, was because of the above & he was a good guide that brought the geese in close enough to match his clients ability??

Just a thought :-)

• Like 7

on camara sould get them back soon old lad showed us the biss but could done,em down here and kept my money in my pocket more tame than in yorkshire mik could,av grab they legs mate

Anyone know what this means?

Do you not think its possible your guide just knows how to decoy geese properly? & again it may be possible the reason the geese were so close you could have grabbed there legs, was because of the above & he was a good guide that brought the geese in close enough to match his clients ability??

Just a thought :-)

Good post Ali, if it was pigeons you would say they decoyed lovely.

I want pigeons landing right in the pattern.....maybe that's wrong ! Lol

• Like 1

I think the points are how can people critize les for shooting so called semi tame easy geese ,and say its not proper wildfowling ,when he has just been with a guide up scotland and it cost a load and it was just the same has he does down here and costs him nothing .

• Like 1

Forget the numbers that's irellvent to me and is down to a persons own conscience on how many of ANY quarry is too many be that pheasant, duck, goose, deer or fox. As I say each person has their own thoughts on this.

My objection is calling it Wildfowling we've been down this road before and I don't wish to get into repeating myself, to justify the numbers Les calls it pest control. If we name it as a field sport it's goose flighting all this is fair enough.

BUT It's not wildfowling....

• Like 1

so we are decoying wild geese inland on stubbles ,and winter wheat if we shoot 25 its pest control ,if we shoot 3 its more in line with wildfowling , or are we talking about fore shores ,splashes and tidal rivers and migrating geese and ducks been harder to shoot and this is wild fowling ,

My mate s been up the orkney s the geese up their were even easier to decoy is this pest control :laugh: or the geese are just semi tame ,

what ever your thoughts happy new year guys tight powders :bye:

• Like 1

so we are decoying wild geese inland on stubbles ,and winter wheat if we shoot 25 its pest control ,if we shoot 3 its more in line with wildfowling , or are we talking about fore shores ,splashes and tidal rivers and migrating geese and ducks been harder to shoot and this is wild fowling ,

My mate s been up the orkney s the geese up their were even easier to decoy is this pest control :laugh: or the geese are just semi tame ,

what ever your thoughts happy new year guys tight powders :bye:

Yes, to me it's not the bag or the quarry that defines the term Wildfowling it's the activity itself, coastal, foreshore to me is wildfowling.

As long as the quarry is given the respect it deserves I say happy new year and warm barrels to one and all

Seeker