Cur Pup Doing Well

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly Sesku,. your young jukel looks real nice,...just my type...     I've always kept such beasts,.and in truth, some of them have been real strange beasts.. Personaly,.I class a dog as being

coming up 11 month now...time flies by eh. the mooching is going great marking up working alongside ferrets and terriers. shes a joy to watch very committed an switched on bitch. had a couple runs o

Your either a lover or a hater of the cur x ... there never seems to be a middle road when it comes to them but they suit me whereas others wouldn't give my dog a kennel lol..like Phil says it's no go

Posted Images

Try to loose the collar when You feels she is ready.

What makes you say this?

Collars can Kill.... :thumbs: i dont work mine ever with one, in the pre ban days...... the only collar we used was a very small up the neck and tight behind the ear jobby.

I have seen many whippet types wearing those triple strap collars...... why :hmm: a fashoin fad :icon_eek:

Like wise i dont turn horses out with head collars on........... experience taught me such :yes:

I know blokes who've ran dogs collared up for 45 years and never had a collar related accident.

I like running dogs with a collar on. Just personal preference.

I would rather we stuck on topic ............ that can be debated another time :D

And I'm sure the OP would rather make his own mind up about wether or not to run his dog with a collar on :yes:

hi could someone explain the word cur i always thought it was a hienze 57 varietey.but looking at the photo and saying the dam was three quater greyhound .so does cur mean a dog saturated with collie jusy interested .thanks

Firstly Sesku,. your young jukel looks real nice,...just my type... :thumbs:

I've always kept such beasts,.and in truth, some of them have been real strange beasts.. :blink:

Personaly,.I class a dog as being a genuine cur,.not solely due to its ancestors,.but more so by the way it behaves,.hunts, mouches, etc...

As an aside,..I would wish all Hunting Life members a good festive Xmas,.and of course a great New Year... :toast:

All the best, Phil.

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 14

What makes you say this?

Collars can Kill.... :thumbs: i dont work mine ever with one, in the pre ban days...... the only collar we used was a very small up the neck and tight behind the ear jobby.

I have seen many whippet types wearing those triple strap collars...... why :hmm: a fashoin fad :icon_eek:

Like wise i dont turn horses out with head collars on........... experience taught me such :yes:

I know blokes who've ran dogs collared up for 45 years and never had a collar related accident.

I would rather we stuck on topic ............ that can be debated another time :D
And I'm sure the OP would rather make his own mind up about wether or not to run his dog with a collar on :yes:
only reason i run her with a collar is she very young and i want her to run the easiest bunnies so i only slip her when they run in the direction that gives her the best chance of catching ...confidence is high at the minute not missing many at all ..but we are sometimes walking a long way for a couple of carefully selected rabbits ...don't fancy a coursing style slip leads ..far too expensive for this lad ..lol
  • Like 2

What makes you say this?

only reason i run her with a collar is she very young and i want her to run the easiest bunnies so i only slip her when they run in the direction that gives her the best chance of catching ...confidence is high at the minute not missing many at all ..but we are sometimes walking a long way for a couple of carefully selected rabbits ...don't fancy a coursing style slip leads ..far too expensive for this lad ..lol

cracking looking dog mate have you tried the nylon slip leads from gamekeeper shed cracking leads mate no to expensive and not bulky like the leather ones :thumbs:

• Like 1

Canon1321_zpsdb82a4e6.jpg

Your either a lover or a hater of the cur x ... there never seems to be a middle road when it comes to them but they suit me whereas others wouldn't give my dog a kennel lol..like Phil says it's no good having a tractor to go racing at Brands Hatch and obviously no good having a Formula 1 car to work on a farm..right tool for the right job. Simple as that ")

• Like 10