Diatomaceous Earth - Too Good To Be True?

Want to try this gear my self....i'm sure most of us are carrying some form of nematode.

Edited to add: When handling wild game that carry worms don't you think eggs are easily carried over to our selves???

more than likely.. although id say good hygiene plays a factor on this which saves us being infected with some parasites.

Intetesting subject all the same. :thumbs:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

never had a problem using it on birds. and always done what it says on the tin

used human grade for yrs ,on the birds dogs etc even a spoon mesen at times .kills bed bugs etc a treat. atb bunnys.

I've used it for a couple of applications and while it's deemed a miracle product, it's a tool just like in any other treatment. Pros and cons.   The fit for human consumption, version, I've used in

I've used it for a couple of applications and while it's deemed a miracle product, it's a tool just like in any other treatment. Pros and cons.

The fit for human consumption, version, I've used in stored grain, rice, flour, etc. It's been handy on keeping infestations of stored product insects down. I noticed a massive reduction in spoilage.

I've used it as a barrier in several reptile enclosures to remove insects where pesticides would kill the non-target animals.

Can't comment on it's usage for poultry, never had a scenario where I've had to use it, but I would recommend it and it should be a decent addition to any pestie's tool box.

• Like 1

Ah not worth the hassle. Best sticking to what a know works then :)

Thank goodness ive been lucky so far not having lice or mites check my flock weekly, they dobt appreciate getting hoked at haha. Think prevention is the best remedy lol.

Thank goodness ive been lucky so far not having lice or mites check my flock weekly, they dobt appreciate getting hoked at haha. Think prevention is the best remedy lol.

gas mark 6 for 2 hrs will cure them :laugh::laugh:

gas mark 6 for 2 hrs will cure them :laugh::laugh:
haha ill remember that one if there's ever an infestation pmsl.

Been nothing but lucky so far with them being free from the critters so far, especially after bringing in new birds!

Hell yeah. Napalm all the way.

My birds are so small red mite can kill them, so i need to get it right.

Diam is a waste of money

ok for drying out a sweaty bum :laugh:

My ass needs napalm :D

Mo, wherever you have wood, wherever you have garden birds...you have mites :thumbs:

Hell yeah. Napalm all the way.

My birds are so small red mite can kill them, so i need to get it right.

Diam is a waste of money

ok for drying out a sweaty bum :laugh:

My ass needs napalm :D

Mo, wherever you have wood, wherever you have garden birds...you have mites :thumbs:

where ever there is any crevice even in concrete and theres birds there will be mites :yes:

Got me worried now yous two lol. I do the birds and roosting poles regardless so maybe thats why I dont see them? Either that or blind as a bat haha.

Thanks for the imput btw guys :thumbs:

specsavers :laugh::laugh: or do you get that itchy feeling :laugh::laugh::laugh:

mochara, i have used diatom earth for a few years now, mostly with the poultry, but i also put it in under the dogs bedding as well, a liberal dusting. I can only speak as i find, i will continue to use it both for poultry and dogs bedding.

Hope this is of some help to you.

• Like 1