Shooting Wanted

The Seeker

Hello guys

I am looking for free grouse shooting, deer stalking or driven pheasants. I am willing to give up my time to shoot within 10 miles of Manchester (sorry anything else is a bit far) I have my own shot gun and a CZ HMR, can bring my own game bag if required but please note I'm not really into picking up. I will consider walked up shooting and if nothing else is available flushed rabbiting a final option.

I do have some land I shoot on but not really wanting to share it with anyone so please let's not have the embarrassing silence that occurs when this topic is raised.

I will be willing to share the bag (at least a brace) with you however I think it's a bit messy sharing a deer carcas is so if I only bag one deer can we agree it should be mine as I'm the guest?

Before anyone suggests I should get out and start asking for permission please note I went to the Queens Head pub only this weekend and I asked my mate Dave if he knew anywhere and he said he didn't know of anywhere and my mate Dave knows everything, so yes I've already tried that route!

The person providing me this free shooting will be given a fine bottle of Tescos own port!!!

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Oh one final thing I can't drive so I will need picking up and dropping off hope that's not too much of a problem?

Cheers

• Like 2

Dont you want any free Salmon fishing as well mate? I know you said you dont drive, but if someone picks you up by helicopter, surely a mcnab would be on the cards? I am sure it wont be long before the offers start rolling in, if you cant make any dates, will you pass one or two on to me bud. :yes::yes:

• Like 1

Dont you want any free Salmon fishing as well mate? I know you said you dont drive, but if someone picks you up by helicopter, surely a mcnab would be on the cards? I am sure it wont be long before the offers start rolling in, if you cant make any dates, will you pass one or two on to me bud. :yes::yes:

A McNab now your talking, I was thinking of suggesting this but didn't want to come across as being presumptuous. I thought I would keep it simple and in line with most other requests I see on here.

I will bare you in mind for any overspill, already been offered some free wild boar shooting but the cheeky fcuker said the HMR wasn't suitable.

Hmr not suitable? Whatever next, I happen to know they will take boar down from 300 yards easily, or is it bears? Cant quite remember, anyway old boy do bear me in mind, as I am sure the offers are flooding in by now! This has given me an idea! Perhaps I will ask for a free holiday, with shooting included obviously.

Well after all the offers he has had, the cheeky, selfish sod tries to palm me off with one of his offers he has turned down :icon_eek: it sounded great, on paper, a free 250 bird day on the pheasants, but then I find out the truth, and why he has passed it up, the shoot lunch is in a fuc-ing barn, a barn I ask you, well you can keep that, in future, please only pass days on to me that have a sumptious lunch in the big house, NO MORE RUBBISH, oh almost forgot, and I would have had to make my own way there :hmm: .

• Like 1

OK well to say I'm a little bit perturbed is an understatement. Call yourself a shooting community?

What do I need to do to get some shooting round here, other than the wild boar and the 250 day on the pheasants which I passed to Charlie Caller (yep sorry about the barn lunch kinda put me off too, can you imagine biting down on a slice of game pie with the stench of farm yard animals yuk) the response has been dismal to say the least.

I at least thought I would have an invite for the Glorious 12th next year on Bransdale Moor or at the VERY least a 350 bird day on the Chatsworth estate. It's OK you lot banging on about your shooting prowess but to be quite honest with you no one likes to hear a smart arse. If the shooting community's going to continue this selfishness and lack of sharing needs to be addressed. I ask again please read my initial post. If I'm being a bit too limiting I will extend my range to 20 miles from Manchester if that helps?

Anyway I have had one invite, I'm just getting ready to go out tonight, my mate Dave (from the Queens Head) said he's got a mate who's willing to take me out, I think it's hunting with some dogs as it's called "dogging" and he's going to pick me up in half an hour so best be off......

ATB

• Like 1

Oh go on rakey, you must have some stalking for him within 20 miles of Manchester? And what about all the grouse in the peak district, I will go round and make sure he gets up and goes, he can be a little unreliable, I expect its due to having so many offers, he cant make his mind up which to do most days.

Hmmm??

As you know,, I`m the man to talk to, but to be honest, I`m not sure you are all that sincere, and I need the reliable types

I`ll think on it, hows that ?

Baron Rake

GREAT that's the spirit thanks Laird Rake, a nice bottle of Tescos Port could be yours!!!

I will break my rule and travel to Scotland and take one of those 12 point highland stags if that is convenient for you?

Just a couple of points can I use my HMR (my mate Dave said they have been used to stop elephants on the Serengeti) can you provide accommodation and can you pick me up. (see previous post about not driving)?

Thanks

P.S any lads out there just joining the forum, have at least two posts and wanting some free shooting just follow my example if you don't ask you don't get so crack on...:thumbs: