• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's Part 2 guys...... Enjoy!!     Darryl

New from GeordiehuntersTV Part one of the 97KT strip & tune Darryl  

Darryl, this is an excellent set of videos.   I am sure you have achieved your aim of showing " what can be done with "basic tools" to make a great rifle better" Everything is clearly explained a

i thought I was going to bend my spanner whacking it so hard when trying to un-do my hw77k end block! :icon_eek:

and that was a rough gun inside. I had a quick go on it and made it a bit better like.. but I have almost a week off for xmas so im off to pick up some different grades of wet and dry, (only got 400 grit at the min) I'm going to fully 'Darryl tune/fettle' both my hw97k and hw77k after these vids have inspired me to get more out of my rifles.

only thing im not confident with is stripping the triggers down.

and I don't have a vice :huh: so polishing might be a pain in the arse lol

Very good Vid Darryl bud,

If i ever get another Winerack :D , Your Tune is all i need as i've never had a tuned rifle.

And the way You show how easy it is to strip and improve the handling Characteristics of the rifle

Superb bud, ;), Can't argue with the results and a fine Explanation on how to do as well.

Even for A plumbing and heating Engineer come Electric meter technician :laugh::laugh::laugh: Like Myself.

atvb Daz 7.

Nice vid mate.

I tried to strip my 97 a week ago, could not budge the end block at all. Had to give up. Could probably have done it with a vice and a longer lever but using the spanner hitting approach it just wouldn't budge. Rifle now in SFS for the pro's to sort it out.

get a towel wrapped round a spanner and start whacking it you have to break the seal of loctite or whatever they use

• Like 1

Nice vid mate. I tried to strip my 97 a week ago, could not budge the end block at all. Had to give up. Could probably have done it with a vice and a longer lever but using the spanner hitting approach it just wouldn't budge. Rifle now in SFS for the pro's to sort it out.

get a towel wrapped round a spanner and start whacking it you have to break the seal of loctite or whatever they use
Thats all i did. Brute force ;)

Just got all my wet&dry now so im going to do the 97 & 77 over xmas. Im going to chrono before and after to see how much difference it makes to the power.if any..

Nice vid mate. I tried to strip my 97 a week ago, could not budge the end block at all. Had to give up. Could probably have done it with a vice and a longer lever but using the spanner hitting approach it just wouldn't budge. Rifle now in SFS for the pro's to sort it out.

Just got all my wet&dry now so im going to do the 97 & 77 over xmas. Im going to chrono before and after to see how much difference it makes to the power.if any..

Let us all know how you got on ,I will be doing mine later this week

Darryl, this is an excellent set of videos.

I am sure you have achieved your aim of showing " what can be done with "basic tools" to make a great rifle better"

Everything is clearly explained and the whole exercise is easily followed.

Well done and keep them coming!!!!!

• Like 4

Let us all know how you got on ,I will be doing mine later this week

Stripped the .22 hw97 down .. polished piston and comp tube . polished cocking slots. spring was already done so that saved me a job. need to do trigger a bit more shiney.

wire wooled the inside of the cylinder using an old spring as Darryl shows in the vids, after blocking the end of the barrel up with some bog roll- didn't want to gte wire wool shards in the barrel!

everything is going to be degreased while im at work tonight. trigger block, got 5 power washers to put in, piston seals, breach seals, tophat, main spring.

It was doing 9.7 with rws hobby.. but with the 5 preload washers and the bit of 'tuning' work/polishing it might go up a bit hopefully.

want it at about 11.4 with hobby 11.9gr so then it hopefully wont go over the limit with any other pellets.

I think it was a pretty nice smooth gun before I stripped it but I rekon it will be better after the 'tune' .. doubt it will be as good as my sfs 98 tho ;)

so going to regrease & rebuild tomorrow then try get out over next couple of days to get a 100 or so hobbys through to settle the internals a bit then test the power again :)

===========

and then repeat the whole process with the hw77k!! ;)

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 3