Im debating whether to get a milbro catty or not, however id definetly want to keep with the old traditional look and put squares on it.

Anybody had any experience with the milbro, how do they shoot?

Whats the squares like? Im shooting at most game at night now, pretty close up stuff even for catty ranges so huge powers not really necessary but i dont want to be just tickling the game lol

anybody know the best place for squares, preferably the black stuff?

i have a milbro never used owt else but to be honest i find the square elastic is a lot different the last two lots i bought there seems to be little stretch in it so you can,t draw it back enough imo.the square stuff is on ebay but imho it,s not like it used to be.if i remember correctly when you bought a new milbro it came with grey squares.maybe the new stuff needs breaking in i dunno mate

Must admit the black stuff today does seem quite stiff comparred to what we used to shoot with , unless like whats been said it needs wearing in

but i remember it lasting for ages , infact i cant recall replaceing it :blink:

• Like 1

You see old catapults... bent and broken... rusted pins....

But the square rubber is still intact!....

Milbro make a wide range of catapults now... you dont have to stick with the traditional shwpe with the thumb imprint...

But i read a while back they had a recall on a few catapults as there was something wrong with the make-up of the metal.

You see old catapults... bent and broken... rusted pins....

But the square rubber is still intact!....

Milbro make a wide range of catapults now... you dont have to stick with the traditional shwpe with the thumb imprint...

But i read a while back they had a recall on a few catapults as there was something wrong with the make-up of the metal.

Had a look at the milbro site and im still wanting the traditional shape. Will get one soon i think and use the squares, if i dont get on with them i will just put some looped Chinese tubes on it.

Bells of Hythe do an orange square rubber that is really fast, for squares.

.44 lead and above give the best results with square elastic.

They shoot differently to tubes and bands, they're softer.

Whats the life like on it kranky? If im paying those prices im wanting them to last lol

I've been looking at the milbro website today & really like what I've seen......

So I'm probably gonna order my first proper catty from there............my knowledge is zero & their range large...........so any advice, if any, on my choice......would be greatly appreciated.

I've been looking at the milbro website today & really like what I've seen......

So I'm probably gonna order my first proper catty from there............my knowledge is zero & their range large...........so any advice, if any, on my choice......would be greatly appreciated.

Think im going to go for the hunter senior catapult. Looks comfortable. But to be honest mate i dont think id go for one as a starter catapult, the forks are pretty narrow and fork hits that could occur early on will mess the fork up pretty bad.

If you have a look on ebay 141133939100

This sellers catapults are great and dont cost a fortune if you get loads of fork hits, like i did lol

Think im going to go for the hunter senior catapult. Looks comfortable. But to be honest mate i dont think id go for one as a starter catapult, the forks are pretty narrow and fork hits that could occur early on will mess the fork up pretty bad.

If you have a look on ebay 141133939100

This sellers catapults are great and dont cost a fortune if you get loads of fork hits, like i did lol

Ok, I did wonder if that would be the case, that's why I asked................I am prone to jumping straight in........I need someone to tell me stuff like that lol............cheers

• Like 1