Cage Perches ....?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's half the buzz of having birds and that mate swapping ideas and diffrent ways with like mined folk. Man who taught me was tight if I'm honest and wouldn't waste a pin if none was needed lol henc

I was looking through the pet shop window with a torch ffs just to see if they had them in stock

I'm a bit lost with this post to be honest lol however how I do it   cut a groove on end of dowel using hand/ tenon saw and push wire into groove   for the other end make small hole on the back

Posted Images

If they work okay, Stig; Could ye grab me some, please? And a drinker. I can send ye €'s or £'s, because the post office in town now sells sterling.

By the way; Did You see a post by Moll? Or have I completely lost what little semblance of sanity I had left to me?

If they work okay, Stig; Could ye grab me some, please? And a drinker. I can send ye €'s or £'s, because the post office in town now sells sterling.

By the way; Did You see a post by Moll? Or have I completely lost what little semblance of sanity I had left to me?

I`ll pop down Monday pete they`ll be shut by the time I get back tomorrow --moll back as a mod I`m glad she`s back -----stewie might come back as a mod next,,

• Like 1

No i am not here, only you can see my posts because you are dreaming this....mwahahahaa :D

Cheers, Stig. See what they have available and let me know, please.

F**k me; I'm living the dream here. But, I yet look back to the days when I could hop on my push bike and skid along a filthy, congested road for five minutes. Hop off and walk into a huge pet shop selling what ever my heart could desire.

Now, a simple bunch of perches is a complete f**king nightmare! Christ knows how, when or where I'll ever (If ever!) get the actual f**king birds wallbash.gif

Cheers, Stig. See what they have available and let me know, please.

F**k me; I'm living the dream here. But, I yet look back to the days when I could hop on my push bike and skid along a filthy, congested road for five minutes. Hop off and walk into a huge pet shop selling what ever my heart could desire.

Now, a simple bunch of perches is a complete f**king nightmare! Christ knows how, when or where I'll ever (If ever!) get the actual f**king birds wallbash.gif

. Do you want some drift wood pete

Thanks for the thought, GoneTo, but I only have a 40" canary cage here, mate. And anyway, drift wood would be truly ridiculously expensive to send here. And, as it happens, bog wood is readily enough available. These old cottages roofs are made from old bog oak.

Must say though; I like ye turn of thought there! Wouldn't it look beautiful? Birds sitting on drift / bog wood! F**k yeah! :icon_eek:

D'you know what? Ye could be onto something!

I'm a bit lost with this post to be honest lol

however how I do it

cut a groove on end of dowel using hand/ tenon saw and push wire into groove

redpolls005_zps0ca48ea8.jpg

for the other end make small hole on the back of cage using bradawl, hammer a small sprig/ panel pin into other end of the dowel and push into the hole

aviary2006_zps6fd153b0.jpg

if you're breeding your birds remember to roughen the doweling so the birds don't slip when mating causing unfertile eggs, I use the teeth of a saw to roughen the dowel

aviary2003_zps3a012443.jpg

best pics I could find, hope this helps and good luck :thumbs:

• Like 2

:icon_redface: I feel such a c*** now! :duh:

Thankyou! I shall buy a length of dowel, next time I'm in town. Make my own f**king perches, just as you say. The way people have been making them since man started keeping birds in cages.

I really don't know what happened there. I got pissed off about these wonky ones and just couldn't get my head out of my own arse for long enough to see the obvious. I was just too focused on trying to get these twisty things :chair:

Okay, folks. Emergency over. Thanks, very much, to everyone who's offered assistance and advice. Sadly; I'm just a thick c***! :(

• Like 1

:icon_redface: I feel such a c*** now! :duh:

Thankyou! I shall buy a length of dowel, next time I'm in town. Make my own f**king perches, just as you say. The way people have been making them since man started keeping birds in cages.

I really don't know what happened there. I got pissed off about these wonky ones and just couldn't get my head out of my own arse for long enough to see the obvious. I was just too focused on trying to get these twisty things :chair:

Okay, folks. Emergency over. Thanks, very much, to everyone who's offered assistance and advice. Sadly; I'm just a thick c***! :(

lol, you're welcome mate, mind if you've got a hand plane do as I do and make you're own dowels from square scrap wood, doweling off the shelf can be expensive :thumbs: atb