Royal Marine Sergeant Alexander Blackman Sentenced Later Today.

listening to the recording of the incident it sounds like murder to me

hows it murder when the bloke was trying to kill you 10 minutes earlier and would do again 10 minutes later if given half a chance, its not murder its war.

will there standing round him chatting for 5 mins before he shoots him

and............

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today the RM Sergeant is sentenced today after killing an enemy insurgent during war time. Some politicians probably 99.99% Of them have condemned him and said he should get no favourable treatment.

Well I'll name him...   Sgt Alexander Blackman the patriots of your country haven't forgotten you!     Per Mare Per Terram

i have mixed feelings about this.on one. were there to stop this sort of thing arent we?opressive regimes who kill without trial or compassion. certainly not the type of thing we wish our forces to

Posted Images

listening to the recording of the incident it sounds like murder to me

hows it murder when the bloke was trying to kill you 10 minutes earlier and would do again 10 minutes later if given half a chance, its not murder its war.

will there standing round him chatting for 5 mins before he shoots him

and............

lol ok

another case of a sacrificial offering by those that panda to foreign wealth. the political elite should be ashamed but they wont be whilst their pockets are being lined. rotten to the core the lot of them, i am afraid Great Britain is no longer great and is just the same as all the other corrupt nations of the world.

That may be the case mate, but I would hazard a guess that most serving soldiers who have seen some tours and have a brain in their head were ashamed by this whole turnout.

They are all very professional lads and I rekon more than a few feel this dude let the side down badly.

the one that didn't erase the recording and let it get into the public domain will be seen as the one who let the side down, unless you think maybe this sort of thing is new.

Of course it's not new but what it definitely IS NOT is normal behaviour. And I rekon to suggest that it is or maybe is insulting.

another case of a sacrificial offering by those that panda to foreign wealth. the political elite should be ashamed but they wont be whilst their pockets are being lined. rotten to the core the lot of them, i am afraid Great Britain is no longer great and is just the same as all the other corrupt nations of the world.

That may be the case mate, but I would hazard a guess that most serving soldiers who have seen some tours and have a brain in their head were ashamed by this whole turnout.

They are all very professional lads and I rekon more than a few feel this dude let the side down badly.

the one that didn't erase the recording and let it get into the public domain will be seen as the one who let the side down, unless you think maybe this sort of thing is new.

Of course it's not new but what it definitely IS NOT is normal behaviour. And I rekon to suggest that it is or maybe is insulting.

never understood this myself their sent to kill insurgents but its only acceptable to kill to a set of rules but these rules only apply to you and not the insurgents your trying to kill, however your own rules cover them to :blink:

It was the same in NI as I am sure you know because I am sure you have read the rule book they gave to soldiers who went there.

We are not savages, we are the British Army......the best in the world.

We have morals and rules and standards.

We live up to them.

Simple as that.

• Like 2

Life with minimum 1o years he had. On Sky now.

They have to give Life as its mandatory but 10 minimum is a shit, 10 years behind the door is a long time.

f***ing shame but there you go.......I bet anyone will think twice before doing that on ops again.

• Like 2

Will he serve his sentence at catterick paluo

no it will be a civilian prison, there are already concerns raised about this with the rise of Muslim gangs within the prisons

There have also been official reports that civilian prisons, in one of which the Marine will serve his term, have seen a rise in the influence of Islamist inmates.

A former officer in 42 Commando, who had served alongside the sergeant, said: “There was an expectation that this was going to happen, a sense of resignation. No one is condoning what he did, but there is going to be an ongoing threat on him. What are they going to do, keep him in solitary confinement to stop attacks?”

While service personnel convicted of murder are not automatically kicked out, it seems Blackman’s career as a Marine is over. He had won promotion to lance corporal soon after joining and first experienced extensive combat following the invasion of Iraq, as British forces came up against fierce resistance in the Al-Faw peninsula. His colleagues recalled constant skirmishes on the road to Basra; on one occasion a rocket-propelled grenade bounced off the armoured car in which he was travelling.

Blackman received a highly favourable end-of-tour report and was recommended for promotion. He undertook two more tours of Iraq and more in Afghanistan. It was during his final deployment, with 3 Commando Brigade, that he carried out the killing which landed him in the dock.

The brigade suffered many losses on the tour, with seven killed and 40 wounded, and the court martial heard that the Taliban had hung body parts of members of the British military from trees as “trophies”. But as the tour neared its end in the autumn, the security situation was calming down in most areas under the brigade’s supervision.

Indeed, the sergeant made a considerable effort to build up relations with the local community, attending shuras – village meetings. But then came the death of the prisoner: cold-blooded murder, according to the prosecution, or, say his comrades, the snapping of a man who had spent too long in a world of violence and strife.

They would have tortured this marine to death if they had of captured him,they haven't agreed to anything saying they won't.

If we had mutually agreed not to execute prisoners this man would be in the wrong,but we haven't,its just us (or more accurately our politicians) handicapping ourselves by playing by these stupid rules.

He was a twat for leaving his camera switched and also, in my view, the guy he killed was of more value alive. He would have been treated and then interrogated and he may well have been able to shed light on IED manufacture or anything that would have been of value. 10 years is too harsh but, he put the Army in a very public position where they had to act. Legally, he is a war criminal. On the ground he was just stupid.