It's 100% a dunnock......when i used to keep birds it was always a buzz to enter the aviary and see that first deep turquise egg nestled in a dog-hair cup. cracking birds, but mostly flighty, though I did have one that was very steady. Great pics.

still looks like a robin to me :laugh::laugh:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Light was just fading, tonight. I decided I'd feed the Dogs before it did and opened the door.   Out they poured, into the kitchen. Pushing and giggling. I followed them and just shot a glance at on

Well done Pete and a happy ending,i had a youngster bump a window a couple of years ago and after 10 mins it happily flew off again. Just relooking at these pics and in fact do you think it's a

it tried to fly off but was stuck to the shit on your fingers only messin mate I love dunnocks real characters of the hedgerow

Posted Images

FODRN; We called them Hedge Sparrows since the dawn of time. All over the country.

The 'Proper' name is " Dunnock ". (No one wants me to get all lardy dar and start banging on about Accentors 'n shit :rolleyes: ) I now call them dunnocks because I have to. If I tried to record I'd ringed a Hedge Sparrow, the BTO would f**king implode! :laugh:

But, yeah; Everyone over the age ofr teens should know exactly what ye mean by hedge sparrow.

anyone tell the difference between a house sparrow and a tree sparrow :laugh:

Absolutely! Different as chalk and cheese, once you get it set in my head :yes:

Had a single tree sparrow sat out in my paddock hedge, a year or two ago.

Never reported it. Knew no f**ker would ever believe me :rolleyes:

sparrows or "spuggies" as there known in north east [Newcastle] are becoming very rare these days -when I was a lad -lol- the local cemetery had large hawthorn bushes that had 20 tree sparrow nests in each one now I hardly see any birds let alone nests -on a brighter note my bird box on side of house produces 2-3 broods of house sparrows each year