44 replies to this topic

#31 Aseel Shamo

Aseel Shamo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:20 pm

ah right, that is what I am going to build by the looks of things then now, does it stay warm inside? and what are your pens built of inside mate...Thanks.
  • Ukroosterman likes this

#32 Aseel Shamo

Aseel Shamo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:35 pm

also socks - did you need planning permission for that?

#33 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:58 pm

You will need to get planning permission unless you just say nothing and hope for the best ... Depends how overlooked you are and what your neighbours are like ... You will need to line inside if your building a single skin you can use king span ... Polystyrene or plasterboard dot and dabbed and also create a false ceiling so that you can insulate that to ..... My inside pens for the dogs are welded steel pens ........

image-116.jpg

#34 Aseel Shamo

Aseel Shamo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:08 am

ok mate just one more thing because you seem to know your stuff about this - if I bought a wood shed - instead of using brick around it (which was my original idea) what about metal fences for security? so nothing can get through it, I mean heavy duty metal fences all the way around.

Thanks before hand

#35 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:18 am

The metal grade you need to be secure enough would cost more than a block build ... Also if your main building is wooden its easily set on fire by some jealous fukcer ...........

#36 Aseel Shamo

Aseel Shamo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:27 am

a vl

#37 Aseel Shamo

Aseel Shamo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:27 am

the foundation for a block build is going to be expensive and difficult?

#38 Aseel Shamo

Aseel Shamo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:28 am

sorry if I'm going around in circles just want to build the best once and for all and make the right choice

#39 Aseel Shamo

Aseel Shamo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:26 pm

travellers or any other people would get shown the way out if they came here and asked to see the birds without an invitation. but like I said all have been travellers knocking on the door with attitude, just wouldn't give then the time of the day

#40 Aseel Shamo

Aseel Shamo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:23 pm

I know there are many travellers on this site some good people and some not. out of all the travellers I know of there is only 2 lads I will ever trust because they are proper chicken men and that was only out of luck because when I first started with chickens they came and knocked on my door, I was a newbie then and had no idea of people stealing chickens so got to know them through the years and they are good people - but if it was now and they came to look they would still be shown the way out I will never give anyone knocking on the door time of day

#41 dusk til dawn

dusk til dawn

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:40 pm

aseel shamo  my only advice would be ( on topic )   try and include as much natural light as possible  and ventilation, also I wouldn't

concrete the floor were the birds will be individually penned , putting soil down even 3ft on concrete is no good , natural earth.

( off topic )   yea the chicken thief may well come in a transit van Knocking on the door,  but he is more likely to come in the

form of a "friend" or friend of a friend , decent bloke he's sound I can vouch for him. he's into the birds, he only wants a look

etc etc etc.    its all to well guys blowing up on here about people not naming or shameing thiefs. but when they do close

ranks and shroud it all in mystery... good luck in the future young un   :victory:

#42 whenthemoongoesdown

whenthemoongoesdown

Born Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:30 pm

block built 2x2 slate batten then feater edge all the way looks good and works,

#43 dusk til dawn

dusk til dawn

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:38 pm

marshman my old mate , in the words of the old creep himself  those that know .. know :thumbs:

#44 Matt

Matt

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:11 pm

Bloody hell; a simple thread about the best way of building a chicken shed turns into world war three......

Locked while I have a clean up and dish out some warnings.....

All non-shed posts now removed.

Keep it on track please, and keep abuse, text talk and general foolishness off the forum.

#45 Moll.

Moll.

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:33 pm

Tidied up again, play nicely boys or the whole topic gets locked :thumbs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users