Were Do I Stand

were do i stand if my dog causes damage to car ?long story short dog got out of garden hit buy a car and after he hit the dog ploughed into a wall he then came round mouthing so sparked him took the dogs to vet hes still there got back police came round arrested me on a secton 20 and because hes not insured im liable is this correct

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get this straight....your out of control dog causes a serious accident and cause the boy is a bit pissed off he gets a bit 'mouthy' and you decide to slap him. I'm guessing they will throw the

look on the brightside he didnt hit a child

Take a copy of the CCTV and hide it, take another and send it to your brief   They'll seize it and lose it. Trust me.

Let's get this straight....your out of control dog causes a serious accident and cause the boy is a bit pissed off he gets a bit 'mouthy' and you decide to slap him.

I'm guessing they will throw the book at you....and fair enough.

• Like 1

its his fault if hes driving with no insurance, how can you be liable, phone a solicitor and ask for help with this,

Did you miss post number 4. :hmm:

I'm with Lab, it's your dog that caused the accident, how would you react if you'd have been in the drivers position?

He should have insurance to be on the road...if no, as RT already said, Plod should be more interested in that.

Chinning him will not have helped your case.....but, Yup, if your hound caused him to prang his motor, it should be dealt with through your dog's insurance.

Know a guy who had to do exactly that a few weeks ago.

no the dog not insured the driver is they said they can claim off the owner now now ive never heard of this

He should have insurance to be on the road...if no, as RT already said, Plod should be more interested in that.

Chinning him will not have helped your case.....but, Yup, if your hound caused him to prang his motor, it should be dealt with through your dog's insurance.

Know a guy who had to do exactly that a few weeks ago.

The driver was insured as says above.

Don't know if law has changed but years ago a horse got out of its field and a fatal accident happened insurance could not prove the horse got out by neglect on the owners part he had no case to answer I know it's not the same but surely if you have taken reasonable measures to hold the dog inn the garden the that's all that should be expected of you as for lamping the bloke your a fool to yourself.without you hitting the bloke mebe the police would not have got involved hope you get it sorted cos it could happen to any of us.

As the law stands at the moment, your liable for the damage, if you don't pay, the driver has the right to take you to court and you pay court costs and for the damage, his insurance company will take you to court to claim back the damages, easy way to sort it, is sort it out of court, a mate has just gone through this, and lost :thumbs: