Getting New Lamp Advice Needed

I have 2 of the old Deben Lead acid battery traditional gun mounted Lamping kits, one has a 12v 50w Xenon Bulb rated to 400 yards (a tiny bit generous) and Nightvision.

We are living in an age of rapid change, some of the Torches today are incredible and getting better all the time, and in some cases night vision is excellent and prices are getting into the realm of the masses.

With regards the clu-lite shootalite, does anyone actually have one, how the hell do they get a 1000m beam out of a 12v 50w Xenon Bulb...or is that advertising baloney?

Complicated market place today, good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • 3 weeks later...

Nm800 aren't really that great for hunting yes they do a very good job but there is not enough spill of light.

Thats why I always say go for a thrunite tn32 or a crelant as there beam profile is much better for hunting.

A halogen lamb will never be beaten as the lihht it puts out give slot more clarity than and led torch.

I carry a crelant myself only because of the handiness.

If I wasn't so miserable to buy a lithium batt pack I would get a halogen lamp

Edited by GEOFF.223

I can not speak for any others but I have used a Nightmaster NM800 with red beam for over 6 months and have found it more than adequate for shooting with my HMR. The beam is adjustable and the L.E.D's are interchangeable so can purchase different colours or an infra-red if using night vision.

I would recommend a better barrel or scope fitting mount though as the one supplied with the lamp is a tad flimsy. With the red beam I have, I can pick eyes out around 200-300 yards and when I am within 100-150 yards I can clearly identify what the target is. hope this helps.

Deano

I have the night master NM800 i use it both with red led for rabbits and rimfire work it does not seem to spook thing like my light force does even with filter..

I also switch the led to ir for work with the night vision and it works OK with that have shot fox's out to 200 yds with it no problem with sight i use it with an envis

and my mate uses it now and then with his archer NV... :D:D:D

Yep I use the nm800 even better with the new turbo green led pill does not bother rabbits at all and for foxing it's great on my 223, had a problem with it shining back off my pes 12 mod but put some camo tape on it and now its fine