The Problem Of Not Being Able To Locate Your Main Mole Run And Using New Traps!

hi mmk i'm not being mouthy just reading & taking things in. your post from 21 November extremely cheep & fully qualified.

then you say your a rail man & do mole catching after work & days off & weekends. I would as you say be just as braisen if you were

standing in front of me "You do it for beer money" as you have a full time job probably with paid holiday & sick pay etc. so you can afford to do it extremely cheaply. that's why when I go to a job & quote I'm told there's a bloke down the pub will do it for half that price!

ok give him a ring then

why do you "professional" mole catchers get mad when other people catch moles all I ever see you do on here is cry when others do it, is there a problem he does it for beer money ? I do domestic and commercial grounds maintenance for a living does it bother me that ricky next door but 1 goes out after work does a garden or two for money at weekend, not one bit. they aint your fukin moles like they aint my fukin gardens .

Edited by budharley
  • Like 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi mmk i'm not being mouthy just reading & taking things in. your post from 21 November extremely cheep & fully qualified. then you say your a rail man & do mole catching after work &amp

Public liability insurance is an absolute must around anything to do with traps. Without it, if someone sues you you’re buggered, whether you’re just at it for beer money or not.   But qualification

Personaly,..I don't give a feck who kills what,..be it Moles, Deers or Shushis,...   As for qualifications,.well,.I tried to become a certificated Mowdy Man,..but,.I'm just too fecking dumb,...I d

hi mmk i'm not being mouthy just reading & taking things in. your post from 21 November extremely cheep & fully qualified.

then you say your a rail man & do mole catching after work & days off & weekends. I would as you say be just as braisen if you were

standing in front of me "You do it for beer money" as you have a full time job probably with paid holiday & sick pay etc. so you can afford to do it extremely cheaply. that's why when I go to a job & quote I'm told there's a bloke down the pub will do it for half that price!

ok give him a ring then

why do you "professional" mole catchers get mad when other people catch moles all I ever see you do on here is cry when others do it, is there a problem he does it for beer money ? I do domestic and commercial grounds maintenance for a living does it bother me that ricky next door book 1 goes out after work does a garden or two for money at weekend, not one bit. they aint your fukin moles like they aint my fukin gardens .

The problem is bud ! you beer money boys can undercut us professionals ( who ARE professionaly qualified and fully insured which costs a lot of money and time to complete ) who are trying to work with a professional ethic which I severely doubt that you and the other beer boys can understand, yes it is easy to grab a few traps and earn some money but just remember that every time you catch you are putting more pressure on the likes of myself whom abide by the rules and regulations.

ok give him a ring then

why do you "professional" mole catchers get mad when other people catch moles all I ever see you do on here is cry when others do it, is there a problem he does it for beer money ? I do domestic and commercial grounds maintenance for a living does it bother me that ricky next door book 1 goes out after work does a garden or two for money at weekend, not one bit. they aint your fukin moles like they aint my fukin gardens .

The problem is bud ! you beer money boys can undercut us professionals ( who ARE professionaly qualified and fully insured which costs a lot of money and time to complete ) who are trying to work with a professional ethic which I severely doubt that you and the other beer boys can understand, yes it is easy to grab a few traps and earn some money but just remember that every time you catch you are putting more pressure on the likes of myself whom abide by the rules and regulations.

Just out of interest what are the rules and regulations?

Public liability insurance is an absolute must around anything to do with traps. Without it, if someone sues you you’re buggered, whether you’re just at it for beer money or not.

But qualifications for molecatching?

Come on, you can’t honestly expect anyone to take that seriously can you?

• Like 4

There's alot of eletism in molecatching it seems.....it's not exactly rocket science though is it. If someone wants to make a couple of quid then good luck to them, the pro's have got to make sure they're the ones who get the work before it reaches 'the man in the pub'...Qualifications don't mean Jack.

Your right JD. There is a lot of elitism and it does become a dick measuring contest. Not too dissimilar from the lurcher section??

I have no concerns or worries about another molecatcher setting up on my doorstep. I have proved to my regular customers I'm honest and reliable and that reputation is what brings more work in.

It doesn't bother me either as to what is put on here. Secrets, hints and tips. Feck!! Molecatching is no black magic.

As with most trades. Fly by nights or beer money lads come and go.

What I do take a little dislike to. Is self proclaimed experts explaining to me how to do the job. Especially when I have been on my hands and knees, in the cold pissing down rain all week, and I have the winter months to look forward to.

Happy cold trapping lads.

:hmm:Personaly,..I don't give a feck who kills what,..be it Moles, Deers or Shushis,... :yes:

As for qualifications,.well,.I tried to become a certificated Mowdy Man,..but,.I'm just too fecking dumb,...I didn't even understand some of the questions being presented,..let alone be capable of answering them !

So,.I remain,.what I am.. devoid of certification,.. and possibly ripe for being certified.. :D

As for competition,..well, I've lived through a lifetime of such things,...and in my experience,..'they comes, and inevitably, they goes'....

Catching moles is not a hard thing to do,..most folk can learn how to trap,...and I have trained up a fair few lads (some on this Forum)...I obviously wish them well and hope they succeed in their endeavours,.however,..as with most things in life..it is the little things/tips/tricks, etc that you know,..that keep you in business,...and you have to keep certain things back,..for that cold and wet, rainy day..... :thumbs:

• Like 3

Public liability insurance is an absolute must around anything to do with traps. Without it, if someone sues you you’re buggered, whether you’re just at it for beer money or not.

But qualifications for molecatching?

Come on, you can’t honestly expect anyone to take that seriously can you?

no no one can take this seriously! their certificates for mole catching by the guild of British molecatchers, and public liability insurance? the grand sum of £160 a year for mole trapping cover or 31 moles at my rate...

Not at all mate I'm a contractor on the rails hence the part time work but the money's too good to leave I'm just don't have enough mole work to warrant leaving my current job full time. I'm self employed on the railway like most of the rail workers. If I don't work I don't get paid. I wish I had sick pay.

I don't think you can pass remarks like you do it for beer money before you meet someone or know anything about them. I charge cheaply because people just don't want to pay a lot of money for anything. We're in a recession, the way you're talking is as if I'm a cowboy and I'm certainly not I take a lot of pride and passion in my mole work.

If I had enough work to leave my current job I would! And I don't need the mole work for beer money because one rail shift can be 3 days moleing!

Like I said its a genuine passion. I would love to leave my job but not going to do it when I have a house child and a lot of bills to pay for mate!

Btw full time pro lads. I done a btmr course and I have public liability. Kind of sick of the throwing your dummy out of you pram comments. Other people are going to do what you do!

If they didn't mole catching would continue.

It's not your solemn right to be the only mole catcher because you do it full time,

The part time or hobby mole catcher may be a mole catcher than you!

And honestly if I wanted beer money I would do it mole catching mate!

Let's be honest, I've got a van id be doing rubbish clearance, gardening or scrap! Not something I paid out of my own pocket I get some proof on paper what I do and I also travelled 5 hours up north to do the course.

Give me a break! Every proffesional had to start somewhere.

Thanks lads for sticking up for me too.

Calm down mmk. It's only a forum dear.

You are right. Everyone has to start somewhere and fair play to you fella.

I can't fault your passion but after all it is a public forum and everyone has an opinion. Like it or not.

You can't please all the folk all of the time.

I hope you do make a good go of it and that it pays your bills. Eventually. But if I can offer one word of advice as phil has already said. Make sure you take into account those lean months.

2 years ago I had 4 very lean months as far as the moles were concerned.

Glad to hear your insured. Good man. But the endorsement by the BTMR in my eyes doesn't mean jack. Sorry. But that's my opinion.

;)

I'm getting a bit stresses here son! Feel like a rat in a corner! It doesn't help that non of my pics will upload to prove I do catch!

You're right mate it means absolutely jack all but it's an effort to get what I do on paper and get a lantra ID card which helps when you want to show customers!

Yeah you're right I guess it's good to always have a plan b to fall back on.

I never knew the world of mole catchers would be so bitchy and touchy! Hey ho nearly as bad as he anglers lol.

Cheers for the advice mate

:D lol. A right set of bitches!!

There's no need to prove anything to anyone.

If your struggling to resize your pictures then you need to use photobucket or similar. Upload your pictures there then copy the Img code and paste it here in your reply/ topic.