The Problem Of Not Being Able To Locate Your Main Mole Run And Using New Traps!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi mmk i'm not being mouthy just reading & taking things in. your post from 21 November extremely cheep & fully qualified. then you say your a rail man & do mole catching after work &amp

Public liability insurance is an absolute must around anything to do with traps. Without it, if someone sues you you’re buggered, whether you’re just at it for beer money or not.   But qualification

Personaly,..I don't give a feck who kills what,..be it Moles, Deers or Shushis,...   As for qualifications,.well,.I tried to become a certificated Mowdy Man,..but,.I'm just too fecking dumb,...I d

Cheers mate, I think it's important as a mole catcher you should know the reasons for the catching of the moles or maybe that's just me

to be fair ive been in farming/keepering/moles my whole life (while short a full life) and ive never asked a farmer why he wants moles caught,ime trapping on real fell ground at the min ile put a photo up its miles from a silage field and all their is,is rock scree and herdwicks!!

just out of interest,MMK what ratio of moles to traps do you get?

Hi,

I’ve got a question re: the clostridium Bactria; is this the same Clostridium Difficile that kills people in hospital? And if so are people touching moles or molehills (specifically me) at risk of infection?

Also are you suggesting that the soil from the molehills should be removed from the site if there are livestock or horses present?

Thanks.

Hi Perthshire keeper, my last job the other day at a small stables, I set 5 traps and had four moles over two days. Also the other day I decided to set one trap in a garden and I caught one mole. I can't put a ratio of moles to trap but I won't set a trap if I doubt a catch.

How do I add pics? And I'll add some.

I got a national diploma in agriculture and we briefly touched moles being problems in agriculture.

Yes it's the same clostridium there are different sub types if ya like but they are all clostridium bacteria. It can cause problems for humans as well, mainly being diareah, tbh mate I dunno if it can kill. But I know it can affect us.

It's not just silage that's affected. Btw listeriosis is what makes sheep seriously ill and kill them, the listeria bacteria also thrives in soil and ya mole pushes it to the surface. So ya herd wicks could be affected.

the grey feckers aint barely worth the price of a trapped mole :laugh::laugh:

i work on about 2/3rds of my traps catch like today i had 14 traps in horrid stony rocky soil and got 9 moles this is the kind of results i exspect ive had 18 moles from 20 traps in meadow ground with non sprung.......their is nothing makes me swear more than a empty sprung trap!

Ignore that "I take it your up north" lol just remembered your name

yeh north but not that north now! ime back in cumbria.......in all honesty its been a LONG time since i had a empty sprung trap since ive started useing talpex traps, i now prefer them over barrel traps

• Like 1

Hi,

Ive got a question re: the clostridium Bactria; is this the same Clostridium Difficile that kills people in hospital? And if so are people touching moles or molehills (specifically me) at risk of infection?

Also are you suggesting that the soil from the molehills should be removed from the site if there are livestock or horses present?

Thanks.

i work on about 2/3rds of my traps catch like today i had 14 traps in horrid stony rocky soil and got 9 moles this is the kind of results i exspect ive had 18 moles from 20 traps in meadow ground with non sprung.......their is nothing makes me swear more than a empty sprung trap!

At the risk of sounding dumb here.......but why is there such a demand for mole control on such ground?

It's not going to be possible to remove all soil from all mole hills and it would be a huge waste of time Like I said it's not guaranteed the soil from the mole hill definitely contains clostridium or listeria. But it could do. If the land doesn't have any livestock kick em down mate. I personally don't like the idea of kicking potentially bacterially infected soil over pasture where livestock are grazing.

At the risk of sounding dumb here.......but why is there such a demand for mole control on such ground?

to be honest......i dont know eather!! i saw him at a show in the summer in the beer tent and he asked me their and i thought he was a bit pissed so thought nowt off it.....then about 3 week back he saw me at the auctions and told me to come up when i can! ive caught a lot of moles in the valley and to see it you would be amazed they want them gone,but then they have all known me since i was in primary shool so may be that too :icon_redface: