could anyone give any advice on where to buy a good quality trailcam , the situation is I live in a rural location and there has

been a prowler visiting on a regular basis. worryingly hes not a thief as he has had opportunity to steal chainsaws etc , I haven't

seen him myself yet but my teenage daughter has twice, last time stood cool as ice peering through window. ive been up a lot lately with flashlight usually 3am - 4am approx. the dogs penned have been going mental which lets me know when hes about but the lamp

in trees is useless. are trail cams silent when takeing pics ? price etc.

thanks in advance, want trail cam to find exact route plz keep jokes to a minimum as very tired / worried for wife kids.

ps does anyone have to part with anti social rotti/ german shepherd .. :ninja:

• Like 1

Why not wait in the garden every night until you catch the weirdo .........

its not a garden as such its land behind property backing on to woods. a few different ways in but a million places to hide

I have neighbours who was on about this last year after seeing foot prints outside there windows in snow but who takes notice

when its not there prob ( yea I know sorry ) stressed aint in it. don't really want little uns out in day. dogs are going off it again NOW gotta go !

alarm gun soon sorts the men from the boys :laugh:

+1.

Or why not set up both?

BTW be careful where you buy the alarm gun / mine from. Most places charge around £14.99 but they are for sale for up to £35 and some places charge extra for the trip wire!

Edited by Alsone

I can provide some personal advice on trail cams. I've bought two this year and highly recommend them for wildlife.

I first bought the Swann one from Maplins but then stumbled on one in Aldi for around the same price. The Aldi one is far better with; side PIR's, temperature stamp and best of all its got a built in screen for on-sight viewing. I had buggers creeping about my shoot and the cams captured all of them! It was Eastern immigrants picking fungi and then hanging around scoffing vodka!

I've a few pics I'll upload on a new thread soon of deer. Look in later & I'll upload the immigrants!

Few things to note;

The cams need to be high enough up so they dont get pinched.

I've also got mine in a converted cash box which is locked & secured round a tree with a cut-proof wire lock.

Last & most importantly, there's two type of IR in trail cams, visible (usually red) & invisible. Only the v expensive cams have invisible IR technology. If however its for daylight, or you dont mind if its seen, the Aldi one is perfect.

I can't link as I'm on phone, but search through my other posts for pictures of the set-up.

Both cams are £80.

Hope this helps.

Edited by fireblade_rrw

alarm gun soon sorts the men from the boys :laugh:

+1.

Or why not set up both?

BTW be careful where you buy the alarm gun / mine from. Most places charge around £14.99 but they are for sale for up to £35 and some places charge extra for the trip wire!

thanks alsone but at the moment £35 each is cheap id buy a box never seen nothing like this, when your kid comes in unable to

speak through sheer terror, at only 8.30 at night just been listening to music and messing about sees someone watching her but

doesn't bother to run keeps stareing when noticed, is quiet horrific. don't want to shut curtains early but the feeling of being watched is permanent. its not just at windows all round the place early hours is freaky but as soon as iam outside running round with lamp dogs quiet, 20 mins later back off. trail cam guys ?

I can provide some personal advice on trail cams. I've bought two this year and highly recommend them for wildlife.

I first bought the Swann one from Maplins but then stumbled on one in Aldi for around the same price. The Aldi one is far better with; side PIR's, temperature stamp and best of all its got a built in screen for on-sight viewing. I had buggers creeping about my shoot and the cams captured all of them! It was Eastern immigrants picking fungi and then hanging around scoffing vodka!

I've a few pics I'll upload on a new thread soon of deer. Look in later & I'll upload the immigrants!

Few things to note; thank you very very much.

The cams need to be high enough up so they dont get pinched.

I've also got mine in a converted cash box which is locked & secured round a tree with a cut-proof wire lock.

Last & most importantly, there's two type of IR in trail cams, visible (usually red) & invisible. Only the v expensive cams have invisible IR technology. If however its for daylight, or you dont mind if its seen, the Aldi one is perfect.

I can't link as I'm on phone, but search through my other posts for pictures of the set-up.

Both cams are £80.

Hope this helps.