• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few more bedy crosses

A few more some of my mates bedy fells

100%  digging  beddy/fell

Posted Images

Rebel my beddys go back to newcombe  stock a long time ago now  and the fell line in mine is NS stuff  and it seems to work out you get the few oddball s with smooth coats and huge ears but there not very common but they still do the job

1 hour ago, TOPPER said:

Rebel my beddys go back to newcombe  stock a long time ago now  and the fell line in mine is NS stuff  and it seems to work out you get the few oddball s with smooth coats and huge ears but there not very common but they still do the job

Thanks Topper, fair play to you

On 17/12/2017 at 20:39, dillydog said:

Topper I couldn't take you seriously once you mentioned Staley, I've done more digging in my back garden, the man's a fool and you'd be wise not to listen to fanciful shite

DAz  ive no problem listening to other folks mistakes it saves me making the same mistakes ive never said i know it all i just keep my head down and do my own thing and i agree ive dug more in a season than these so called experts done in a lifetime , theres an old saying -- look listen and believe less than half of what they say just tread your own path

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
On 24/11/2013 at 20:26, TOPPER said:

bedlingtons of old were always know as mute hard killers defo not bolting dogs but as i said before see some bedlingtons work take your time do your homework theres far to many will take your cash for some inferior thing thats a million miles away from any work

I think its become part and parcel of beddy folklore that the original bedlingtons where bred to be mute hard slaying machines,its a fantasy that many still thrive on today.The area the bedlington originated from made it such that a dead fox below was of little use to the terrierman or the rest of the hunt.The bedlington was renowned for its ability to work rock and push a fox from its haunt.I have Bedlington mongrels here that encourage a fox to bolt and i strive to breed them for that purpose,the same terriers will often kill a reluctant bolter.You mention a bolting terrier on here and the know feck alls are on your case decrying the worthless mongrel and its owner.In your part of the country you will get away with a mute hard terrier Roger,around here and in the vicinity of the Bedlingtons heritage you will need something a tad more bred to the original baying,bolting rock working terrier.

On 11/02/2018 at 15:04, morton said:

I think its become part and parcel of beddy folklore that the original bedlingtons where bred to be mute hard slaying machines,its a fantasy that many still thrive on today.The area the bedlington originated from made it such that a dead fox below was of little use to the terrierman or the rest of the hunt.The bedlington was renowned for its ability to work rock and push a fox from its haunt.I have Bedlington mongrels here that encourage a fox to bolt and i strive to breed them for that purpose,the same terriers will often kill a reluctant bolter.You mention a bolting terrier on here and the know feck alls are on your case decrying the worthless mongrel and its owner.In your part of the country you will get away with a mute hard terrier Roger,around here and in the vicinity of the Bedlingtons heritage you will need something a tad more bred to the original baying,bolting rock working terrier.

May your poodles never get dirty