A Good Eating Bird??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might have read this thread wrong and apologies if I have but goose and duck for me at Crimbo. I cant abide turkey myself and goose may not be a big bird but its gorgeous eating

Dorking was supposed to be a decent eating bird in olden times,but a poor layer,I suppose it fell out of fashion with the quick growing modern birds. Brahma large fowl I think are slow growing.

My first thought was kylie minogue, I could certainly eat that! But now I understand the question. This year we did day old Hubbard's, Ross Dobbs, our own Hubbard x ixworths. All were very good, Hubb

Thanks.

I'm fortunate that chuck feed prices are not an issue and I will only be bringing on a few birds. For now.

We have chicken for Xmas dinner as I can't bide turkey but last years bird from the butcher was a fortune.

I can let a mate know what to pick up from the feather auction.

Thanks again ;)

I might have read this thread wrong and apologies if I have but goose and duck for me at Crimbo. I cant abide turkey myself and goose may not be a big bird but its gorgeous eating :thumbs:

No!! The wife won't entertain goose and I can't stand duck!!

We do a multi bird jobby. With chuck being the outer bird. So it needs to be some size.

does anyone remember river cottage before it sold its soul ? well the table birds he went lookin for

were called brammers ? I think crossed on to indian game. looked the part pm someone in fowl and feather for indian

game brood cock ?

I thought it was dorking not Brahma on river cottage.